Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
mogabr
My Device: Curve 8530
Accepted Solution

Can't disable my password

Hello, i'm new the board, I have the 8530 for sprint, I've recently upgraded to 5.0.0.654(1108).  When I did this I no longer have the ability to disable the password for my blackberry.  It's always enabled, it's grayed out.  This is my third blackberry and I haven't had anything like this happen to me before.

Also just some background, it's my personal cellphone not work, therefore I'm not using Enterprise, I'm not sure what could've cause this...any advice?

Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Can't disable my password

Does the password field have a lock next to it?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
mogabr

Yes it does.

Elite I
jmrmb80

Usually that indicates an IT Policy is in place that's preventing the password from being disabled.

If you check under Options | Security Options | General Settings (or Information), what Services are listed?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Contributor
mogabr

The only thing it says is "secure GC enabled" not sure what that means.

Elite I
jmrmb80

Haven't heard of that one before. The only way i know of resetting everything back to the defaults without being on a BES is to use jl cmdr or trying to run the resettofactory switch.

If you want to try the latter. first backup the data on your device using the Desktop Manager software. Then follow the steps in this KB article

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB18998

New Contributor
mogabr

Thx, it worked out great! :smileyhappy: