Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
krisfisch06
My Device: Not Specified

Can't drag any files to blackberry from computer using media manager

[ Edited ]

Just got my Blackberry Curve out of the box today and got it all set up.  I am now trying to drag some files over using Media Manager on the desktop manager.  I have my blackberry connected to the computer.  I open Media manager and see My computer options on the left and my blackberry connected on the right.  I located my file in my computer side.  Highlight it and try to drag it into the blackberry memory, but it won't let me.  I also can't use the arrow buttons to transfer it.  They don't "light up."  They just stay gray.  Did I miss something in installation?  I have tried MP3's, word docs, excel docs, etc.  It is not taking anything...

Message Edited by krisfisch06 on 10-23-2008 04:02 PM
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
tschweitzer
My Device: 8310

Re: Can't drag any files to blackberry from computer using media manager

I have found that installing the OS for your device alleviates this problem, but if you have a microSD card in your BlackBerry it is easier to just open up the My Computer icon and just drag and drop into the appropriate folders.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
krisfisch06
My Device: Not Specified

How do I install the OS for my device?  Shouldn't that already be on my device or are you talking about installing it on my computer?  Sorry...I am not the absolute most savvy about this.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
tschweitzer
My Device: 8310

Yes install it on your computer. The OS can be found on your carriers website. 
Please use plain text.