Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
cginboxuser
My Device: Curve 9300

Can't receive e-mails through wireless but can send. With WiFi everything works perfect

Hi,
I have a Blackberry Curve 9300. 4 days ago I stopped receiving e-mails through the wireless connection(Movistar Argentina) but I can still send messages perfectly. I also can browse the internet through EDGE/3G, make/receive phone calls & SMS and any other function of the device is operational.
If I turn on the WiFi connection I start to receive all the e-mails perfectly.
I re-sent the service books (which were not either received until I turned on WiFi), re-register the device, power boot it, checked that the accounts are validated, upgrade the OS to 6.0, etc. The problem is still there: e-mails don't reach the unit through the wireless connection (they only do through WiFi)
What should I do?

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Can't receive e-mails through wireless but can send. With WiFi everything works perfect

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

For your situation, I recommend that you turn the WiFi radio off and then conduct the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you must contact your mobile service provider for formal support as something is not correct with your connection to your BIS services from your mobile service provider, and only they can look "behind the scenes" to sort that out.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cginboxuser
My Device: Curve 9300

Re: Can't receive e-mails through wireless but can send. With WiFi everything works perfect

Hi ! Many thanks for your support

Unfortunately after following all the steps carefully the problem is still there. Actually if I'm connected through the wireless provider I don't receive the service books in the step #2 

After finishing the procedures and realizing that the problem remained, I turned on WiFi again and everything got back to "normal" (device received the service books and I started getting e-mails again)

I spoke with the service provider tens of times this week, they are completely lost. After reading a lot in Internet this last week, I found that some users in other countries experienced the same problem and it was because their device's PIN got hung up at RIM's servers in Canada while they were connected through WiFi and that's why traffic stopped being routed through the wireless service provider. It wasn't until RIM "reset" their servers that the problem got solved (PIN routing table got restored).

I'm trying to explain that to my carrier but it's useless, they don't clearly understand the situation.  As I really need the BB for work and it's been out of service for a week, the only solution in the short term appears to be buying a new Blackberry (which obviously has a different PIN). A friend of mine lend me his BB, I inserted my SIM card, configured my e-mail account and everything worked just perfect.

Thank you very much once again for your assistance !

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

cginboxuser wrote:

Hi ! Many thanks for your support

Unfortunately after following all the steps carefully the problem is still there. Actually if I'm connected through the wireless provider I don't receive the service books in the step #2  

In which case, continuing is useless...as I said, each step must complete correctly before proceeding. You must resolve this with your carrier.

cginboxuser wrote:

I spoke with the service provider tens of times this week, they are completely lost. After reading a lot in Internet this last week, I found that some users in other countries experienced the same problem and it was because their device's PIN got hung up at RIM's servers in Canada while they were connected through WiFi and that's why traffic stopped being routed through the wireless service provider. It wasn't until RIM "reset" their servers that the problem got solved (PIN routing table got restored). 

I've never heard of that situation...does not negate it, just that I've never heard of it.

cginboxuser wrote:

I'm trying to explain that to my carrier but it's useless, they don't clearly understand the situation. 

Which is why they (the carriers) have an escalation path into RIM...you should be insisting that they exercise that. End users have no free path to bypass their contractually required support channels...only via escalation from your carrier can your case receive any formal support from RIM. And, given that your carrier seems to not at all understand the situation, they do need that escalation help.

cginboxuser wrote:

A friend of mine lend me his BB, I inserted my SIM card, configured my e-mail account and everything worked just perfect. 

This actually may lend credence to a suspicion I have...one BB PIN can exist in any one carrier BIS system only once at any given time anywhere in the world. I suspect that perhaps your BB PIN and email configurations are registered to a different carrier, and you are receiving your BIS services from them. With the carrier data network turned on, the traffic will not work (many carriers block other carriers BIS services from traversing their network, unless it is a properly configured international roaming capability). When you turn on WiFi, the traffic passes over the true Internet, bypassing your carrier, and you get your BIS services from this other carrier.

Your carrier should be able to tell if this is the case...after all, if it is true, then they could not possibly have created a BIS account for you in their system.

Anyway, those are my theories...but escalation from your carrier into RIM is what you need.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.