Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve8530
My Carrier: Sasktel
Accepted Solution

Can't receive emails

About a week ago my phone was working fine then it got wiped by mistake and I have added everything back in. But I can no longer receive emails, I can send them I just can't get them. I took it in and they removed the email, re-added it, removed and re-added service books and nothing. They now say the device is faulty is this true and if so why all of a sudden? Please help me.

Thank you for your time.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telus

Re: Can't receive emails

Interesting... There are 2 of us in my office that recently got the Z10 and have a similar problem that our IT support group is working on. This applies to mail from the Exchange Enterprise server -- mail from my Shaw POP account works just fine. What I have found is that, like you I can send mail, but I only receive mail when the Z10 first comes on the network. For example, if I turn off the Mobile Network Data Services, wait a few seconds, turn it back on, then all my outstanding mail from the Exchange server is delivered. The same thing usually happens when I arrive and leave home, presumably because when the device switches to and from WIFI, it drops off  the network momentarily. It might be useful to see if your device behaves the same way. If you don't know how to turn off network data services, you can simply power the device off and then back on.

If our suport group comes up with a solution, I'll post it here.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Is this for personal or corporate email?

It's personal but I run my business from it also

Contributor

I can't receive any emails on my phone at all. But when they were trying to find the problem I was getting the test message but nothing else. Nope I tried that and still nothing
Forums Veteran III

I understand.  For a personal email account there are a few things you can check.  Have you reported this to the carrier?  For personal email, blackberry internet service is required on your account.  Call your carrier and confirm that this service is setup correctly.

You can also refer to this guide to get logged into your account, but I recommend getting the carrier to do this for you.

http://support.sasktel.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12501/~/validating-your-email-password-for-blackb...

You can also try removing your email account from the device and from the device go to blackberry.com/integrate
and see if you can setup your email from there.  Confim that you have the blackberry data plan on your device first!  Give the carrier a call.

The carrier knows and has tried and still nothing
Forums Veteran III

[ Edited ]

Gotcha.  Have they confirmed that you have the correct blackberry data plan attached to your account?  Ask for second tier support.  Have you tried deleteing and readding your email account using blackberry.com/integrate?  You have to confirm your data plan first.  I read your response "The carrier knows and has tried and still nothing" but I don't know what all has been done exactly.  They can at least help you get logged into https://mobility.blackberry.com/ to troubleshoot your email account.

They have confirmed everything, they have deleted and then re-added my account and all they can come up with now is the device is the problem

Forums Veteran III

Gotcha.  I read your original post when you said the device got wiped.  Maybe doing a wipe on purpose and setting up from scratch will resolve it.

How To Reload Your Operating System
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

If that doesn't work then you'll have to get new hardware.  I still have a feeling that the carrier isn't giving you the support you deserve.  I would hate for you to go through another wipe just to end up with the same results when you setup email.  What email service are you using?