Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
fizzycool
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: etisalat

Can't restore memos - Curve 8520

Hi All,

My Blackberry Curve has developed a frustrating problem. A couple of weeks ago, the screen started fading out to white and wouldn't go back to normal operating screen. The only way to get it back was to connect it to my Mac and restart via BlackBerry desktop. All fine, but it has continued to do this on a daily basis. If I am on a call, the tell tale sign is a loud crackle, then bang - have lost all connection and the white screen of death is back. Taking out the battery and restarting doesn't fix it.

I backed up my files last month and when I'd restart it, everything was restored. Until this week, that is. I can't restore my memos from the backup file and three games have also disappeared (not that they matter ... much!).

When I go into the back file, the memos is in grey (where you should be able to tick the box), with a note at the bottom that says: "Dimmed entries are read-only data bases and cannot be restored."

I know there must be a way to get then back, but I'm at my wit's end. I've got some important notes on them and want them back before I replace my Curve.

Any help, step-by-step instruction will be gratefully received.

Cheers, F 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jessatapex
My Device: Many
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Can't restore memos - Curve 8520

We have a client at our office with a newer BB, with a similar issue I am trying to find a solute for "entries are read only and will not be restored". Only about a fith of the data is restorable even though it says there are numerous records backed up for the dimmed ones.

Please use plain text.
tremBB
My Device: BB Curve
My Carrier: Rogers

A synchronization bug had been preventing synchronization to Exchange for months, and all of a sudden this weekend it got fixed! Too bad for me all my memos were over writen. Good thing I had a backup from Friday!

In the memo options I disabled Wireless Synchronozation, did an advanced restore, and voila! I got my stuff back.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jessatapex
My Device: Many
My Carrier: Telus

I can't believe how illiterate that last post of mine was. After scouring google looking for an answer I was left to concede that (since they were greyed out) even though it shows there are records backed up, there aren't. Although I assured my fellow rep that the whole point of it being greyed out is cause it'll already being backed up elsewhere, but I'm not sure how it was resolved. 

The whole problem with the 'fixes' mentioned by other users, 'unchecking wireless sync', etc, is that when the phone is already wiped after restoring it... all you have is a backup with greyed out entries, and someone thinking about their next FML post. But as I said, they should be backed up ... 'somewhere'.

:smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.