If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
felpuli
My Device: 9620
My Carrier: Claro Argentina (AMX SA)

Can't restore my BBM contact list

Hi,

my previous phone (8520) was stolen so I got a BB 9320

With my 8520 i had my e-mail account associated for the contact list restore (an year ago I lost my 8520 and that method worked for me).

Now when I configure my BBM (7.0.1.23) it says something like the connection with my BBID was successful but my contact list doesn't appear.

Also tried installing BBM 6, but when it tries to confirm my e-mail address (by sending an e-mail to my account), it never arrives. So it can't continue with the restore.

Please I need help! I work with BBM contacts!

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Can't restore my BBM contact list

Hello felpuli

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Previous version OF BBM allow us to do a local backup , .If you did a local backup then you can restore it again after Installing BBM 6.2 . 

Go through this Artcle of Knowledge Base and try it again .

KB20554 : How to back up and restore the BlackBerry Messenger contact list

Also go through this doc. http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/31352/BlackBerry_Messenger-User_Guide--1...

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
felpuli

Thanks for the reply.
I don't have a local backup, I trusted in the BBM's email backup.

The problem is that the verification email (...@gmail.com) doesn't arrive to my phone or my gmail account (I looked in all my folders, including SPAM and TRASH).

Please help meee!!

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi there,

If you don't have a local backup , it will be a trouble !

Have you used Desktop Software to do a backup of your BBM contacts when using those prior version of BBM !

On your device BBM 6.2 installed when you open BBM > Menu Key > Options > scroll to bottom.> Restore > what options are you getting ? Are you not getting the option to restore using  email ? 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
felpuli

[ Edited ]

Prince2012: It gives me my 3 configured mails to recover my contact list. I tried the 3 of them (just in case) but only worked with te gmail one (as supposed, because that's the one I've been using since I bought my first BB device)

Well now the problem changed a little bit (very little)..

After trying lots of times (sending and re-sending the confirmation e-mail through the BBM recovery options) it finally arrived (many times :Innocent:)... The device deleted it BUT I'm still stuck on the same screen!:

"The verification email was sent successfully to .....@gmail.com. Once your device receives the email, it will be processed automatically and recovery will continue...."

What's wrong now?!

Thanks!

PS: the confirmation mail received:

"------=_Part_47_9765371.37269426
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hello,

Thank you for using BlackBerry Messenger. To help prevent unauthorized use of this email address, we need to confirm its ownership. Please ensure that your BlackBerry is turned on to complete the registration. This email will be automatically processed by BlackBerry Messenger. Please do not delete this email until registration occurs.
If this email is in your Junk mail folder, mark it as "Not Junk". On your BlackBerry Messenger profile screen, click the email address you are trying to register and use the menu key to send the registration again.

Thank you,
BlackBerry Messenger
---e---44#ldOKdNv2oU47egUSvAhS4KKKJRQDbQ=
------=_Part_71_9765237.172694342--"

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

felpuli wrote:

Prince2012: It gives me my 3 configured mails to recover my contact list. I tried the 3 of them (just in case) but only worked with te gmail one (as supposed, because that's the one I've been using since I bought my first BB device)

Hi felpuli

You have to use the email account that you use for remote backup , so try to remember which email account you used for this purpose 

felpuli wrote:
Thank you for using BlackBerry Messenger. To help prevent unauthorized use of this email address, we need to confirm its ownership. Please ensure that your BlackBerry is turned on to complete the registration. This email will be automatically processed by BlackBerry Messenger. Please do not delete this email until registration occurs.

If this email is in your Junk mail folder, mark it as "Not Junk". On your BlackBerry Messenger profile screen, click the email address you are trying to register and use the menu key to send the registration again.

So have you tried to register that email address ? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
felpuli

Yes, since I started trying to restore my contact list, I'm using that mail (which is the one I always used for backups).

I see the confirmation e-mail in my device (and in gmail webmail) but my BBM doesn't restore my list :No:

Also the confirmation e-mail first comes to inbox and then to trash, as if the BBM used it and sent it to trash (as it's supposed to do)

I'm going crazy! I need it!

Thanks again!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi there ,

Then first try those steps in the same sequence :

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Resend your Service Book

• KB02830 : Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • ( Wait till a Registration Message comes in your message box for each email that you have configured on your device )

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back

After than try once again to restore BBM contacts using the email account .

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
felpuli

Thanks!

But I can't get it to work.

Im really dissappointed with BB. I bought it because of the BBM and now I can't use it.

There's no way to contact BlackBerry and nobody gives me a solution.

Recently I did a wipe to the phone, still stuck onthe same exact screen.

The confirmation  mails sometimes arrives, sometimes it doesn't.

Whe it arrives the BBM doesn't recover my contact list neither.

I  don't know what else can I do.

I'll keep on trying solutions... Now I'm going to upgrade to the last BBM, but it will ask me to connect to BBID and in my last device I didn't have BBID so I won't be able to solve it neither.

Thanks again!

And if you figure out a solution please tell me! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
halluschegoon
My Device: curve 9320,model:REW71UW
My Carrier: #39000

I'm finding it difficult to restore my bbm contact list after I mistakenly didn't backup.pls,help I can't ping anymore cos my bbm is not functioning
Please use plain text.