Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
mjbryan
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Can't send email with v4.5

I upgraded to version 4.5 of the device software for my 8310 Curve and now I can't send emails (recieves OK). I can't seem to access the email settings. When I go to the Setup Wizard it gets to the date and time page and the next page returns a "404: Not found" error. If I go to my 'Mobile Email Settings' it doesn't recognise my username and password (grrrrrr). Any suggestions that don't involve reinstalling the original software?

Network: Vodafone UK

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Bolder
My Device: 8320, 8120

Re: Can't send email with v4.5

Hi mjbryan

4.5 device software for the 8310 has not yet been released for Vodafone UK.  Chances are you have a development copy of the OS and it likely contains bugs - the reason why it is not released publically. 

What happens when you try to send an email?  If you get a red X, open the message with the red X and it will give you a message status, post that here or type it into the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mjbryan

When I try to send I get a message saying "No message service configured. You will only be able to save draft". No redX. But if there were away to input myemail setting this would probably solve the problem.

So what version is supported by Vodafone UK on the Curve 8310? I think it came with v4.2(?).

Also the reason I upgraded was to get Documents To Go. Is this available as a download from Blackberry. This is an extremely valuable addition to the Blackberry software set.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Bolder
My Device: 8320, 8120

hi mjbryan

Have u set up an email account with the BlackBerry Internet Service?  If you have, you need to log into your BIS account and resend service books.  if you haven't set up email yet, you need to create a BIS account and add your email to it.  You should be able to set up BIS here  http://www.mobileemail.vodafone.net/ 

Cheers! 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mjbryan

Sir, you are a star! Job done, I can now send emails again.

I am not sure why but it does seem to be using the battery quicker with the OS update. Is this a known issue?

Thanks very much for your help

Please use plain text.