Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
manda2451
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: Bell mobility

Can't verify email password :S

So I've had my blackberry curve for almost two years email has always worked fine on it until recently. I moved out of province and finally got around to changing my phone number to a local one not long after that I decided to back up my phone on my pc since I hadn't done it in a really long time. Well when I plugged my phone into my computer i thought it was weird it didn't recognize my phone it kept saying it was a new devce when I know I've back it up before. Then a few days later I get an email on my phone saying I need to validate my password for my email and wont be able to send or receive emails until I do so. It gives me two options, open blackberry internet service account through my set up icon on phone or using the computer.

(I tried both neither would work the set up icon wont let me click on email everything else works but  that and I couldn't set up an account online maybe it wasn't the correct website not sure)

I'm super frustrated I did a battery pull and tried using the set up icon again this time I could click on it but it ask what kind of email it is internet or enterprise and when I click internet it goes back to the set up main page UGHHHH.

I'm also curious if maybe this is a service provider issue? Like when he swtitched my phone number maybe something didn't connect properly? I'm not sure but I don't feel like traveling 45 minutes into town if my provider can't do anything seems like a wasted trip.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Can't verify email password :S

Hi manda2451

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

As you are having problem regarding your email account first of all you can try is deleting those account from your device then try to add again ,If  deleting does not helps then from your BlackBerry Browser browse to www.blackberry.com/integrate  and try adding the email account on your BlackBerry device.If that fails try this :

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Resend your Service Book

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back 

Then again go to  www.blackberry.com/integrate  to add or edit the email account. Try it and let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.