Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
gvh3836
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Cancelling out of enterprise e-mail set up

Can someone help - I have a Curve 9320 - I went into set up e-mail and must have gone to enterprise activation instead of general e-mail. Now I cannot get back to the original set up screen as the request for an enterprise account activation always comes up. How do I clear this to start again.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Cancelling out of enterprise e-mail set up

Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

Now, use the internet email or personal email setup icon. If you don't have those icon choices, Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan enabled on your account with your carrier or mobile provider?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gvh3836

hi - thanks for your help  - tried rebooting a couple of times. Still comes up with the enterprise activation screen when I go into setup and then e-mail. Is there any other way around this? 

Please use plain text.
JSanders

gvh3836 wrote:

hi - thanks for your help  - tried rebooting a couple of times. Still comes up with the enterprise activation screen when I go into setup and then e-mail. Is there any other way around this? 

DO NOT open the enterprise activation screen. You're not activating on an enterprise setup are you?

Is this your personal BlackBerry or that provided to you by your employer or are you subscribing to your employer enterprise email accounts?

I asked above, you didn't answer.. Now, use the internet email or personal email setup icon. If you don't have those icon choices, Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan enabled on your account with your carrier or mobile provider?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gvh3836

Hi - it is a personal blackberry and I went into the enterprise activation in error - now I cannot get back to the set up page for private e-mail. Graham

Please use plain text.
JSanders

gvh3836 wrote:

Hi - it is a personal blackberry and I went into the enterprise activation in error - now I cannot get back to the set up page for private e-mail. Graham

OK, let me ask this in a different manner.

AFTER the battery pull reboot, the device reboots and starts up.

What is it you see on the screen? The normal icon homescreen, or the enterprise activation still running?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gvh3836

Hi - The normal homescreen comes up. I then go to the set up icon and open it. From that I go to the e-mail icon in setup. When i open this it shows at the top Enterprise Activation in the top left corner white letters on blcak in line with my signal strength etc. Then there is  a line with a PIN; and a pin number oppsite. Then Activated Accounts (No accounts activated). Next is  Account Activation - 'to set up your enterprise account enter details etc' , next is a box for e-mail, activation password and finally Return to Setup. When I press return to set up it takes me back to E- mail accounts in the setup page. When I press this it again it takes me straight back to the enterprise activation page. It does not give me the option to choose between private e-mail or enterprise. I hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help. Graham

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Ok, understood, and I've asked twice in this thread "If you don't have those icon choices, Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan enabled on your account with your carrier or mobile provider?", but you've not answered that I can see.

Do you?

Can you try this:  Please try this FIRST, using your BlackBerry browser...

1)
• Go to mobile.blackberry.com OR to www.blackberry.com/integrate
• Scroll down to Communication and then to Email.
• Choose the appropriate email set up options.

If that works and completes your email setup/editing, good.

If not, follow these additional instructions:

2) Register HRT: (OS5) Home Screen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Scroll to any line entry and > press the Menu key > and then click Register Now. If you have an OS 6 or OS 7 device, Look at Options > Device > Advanced > Host Routing Table, etc.

3) Resend Service Books: Article ID: KB02830 How to send the service books for a BlackBerry Internet Service account. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830

4) Then, with the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

5) Now, return to the 1) mobile.blackberry.com email setup as mentioned above and follow that.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you!

Article ID: KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17877

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gvh3836

HI - i'm sorry not to have understood your replies but I have no technical knowledge at all. I don't understand what a Data Plan is. I have tried both of the resolutions you sent. The first allowed me through to set up e-mail. I chose my provider, Yahoo and when I went to intergrate it came up with the message UNKNOWN ERROR. I then tried the service book. KB02830 directed me to  KB15402. I followed the instructions but that again took me to the set up icon on my homepage (which is still there and always has been). When I entered that and clicked on the e-mail icon in setup it again came up with the enterprise activation screen as before. In the menu there was no help option that the instructions needed me to open. I am totally at loss - this is the first smart phone I have owned and it doesn't seem too smart to me! Although as I said I am not smart to have misunderstood the initial instructions it gave me. I hope there is still hope for a remedy. Regards Graham

Please use plain text.
JSanders

gvh3836 wrote:

HI - i'm sorry not to have understood your replies but I have no technical knowledge at all. I don't understand what a Data Plan is.

So, let's keep on this point. The BlackBerry Data Plan enables your data... email, and all other BlackBerry data functions. You must have it. A generic non-BlackBerry data plan won't work on a BlackBerry.

Call Orange and inquire.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.