10-30-2012 05:11 PM
Email Account activation only allows enterprise account to be created. I do not want or have an enterprise account. How can I active my personal email accounts? I want to remove the activation of enterprise account.
10-30-2012 05:39 PM
Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan enabled on your account with your carrier or mobile provider?
You must, in order to get the RIM push email functions you are looking for, as well as additional BlackBerry data services such as the internet browser, Facebook for BlackBerry, BlackBerry Messenger, and much more.
So, call your carrier and inquire about having the BlackBerry Data Plan added to your account. Once you do, you will get the personal email setup icon. Ignore the Enterprise Activation, you don't need it.
10-30-2012 06:37 PM
Thank you. I will contact Rogers my service provider. I am also unable to connect with BlackBerry ID using my phone. Is this because I do not have a BlackBerry data plan?
10-31-2012 08:56 AM
I am also unable to connect with BlackBerry ID using my phone. Is this because I do not have a BlackBerry data plan?
10-31-2012 01:08 PM
I added data plan. I still cannot activate my email accounts. The problems persists. I am always directed to activate an enterprise account, which I do not have or want. The BlackBerry ID registration problem was solved.
11-01-2012 08:49 AM
Please try this FIRST, using your BlackBerry browser...
• Go to mobile.blackberry.com OR to www.blackberry.com/integrate
• Scroll down to Communication and then to Email.
• Choose the appropriate email set up options.
If that works and completes your email setup/editing, good.
If not, follow these additional instructions:
2) Register HRT: (OS5) Home Screen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Scroll to any line entry and > press the Menu key > and then click Register Now. If you have an OS 6 or OS 7 device, Look at Options > Device > Advanced > Host Routing Table, etc.
3) Resend Service Books: Article ID: KB02830 How to send the service books for a BlackBerry Internet Service account. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830
4) Then, with the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.
5) Now, return to the 1) mobile.blackberry.com email setup as mentioned above and follow that.
Hopefully that will get things going again for you!
11-01-2012 01:47 PM
I tried the 5 steps. I end with Integrate Your Email screen>click the launch "Email Setup" button to continue. After clicking, I always get this message: unknown error, please try again! I tried many times. No success.
11-01-2012 03:27 PM
Try this, using your BlackBerry browser:
11-01-2012 05:14 PM
I tried. Got the same response: Unknown error, please try again. Something is wrong with personal email activation on my BB curve 9320. I gave up. Thank you for you follow up.