Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

GLM
New Contributor
GLM
My Device: Not Specified

Cannot Delete Old Saved Messages

In View Saved Messages, I cannot delete old messages.  Using the Delete key or the Delete menu item gives me the confirmation dialog "Delete saved item?", on which I click the Delete button.  The dialog goes away and the message remains, as if nothing happened.

If I open the message and then use the Delete key while viewing the message, I get the same confirmation dialog, on which I click the Delete button.  The message closes, I am back to the list of Saved Messages, and again it is as if nothing happened.

These messages are from June2008 thru Jan2008, about 80 messages.  I can delete any new messages I save.

A few weeks ago I attempted to delete all prior saved messages from Oct2008 thru Jan2008.  The Oct thru July messages were deleted, but the June thru Jan messages remained, and now I am in this situation.

I have an 8300 Curve used only with our BES (Exchange) server.

I have reset my device by removing the battery.  I have retried to delete all prior saved messages, but again only the recent messages are deleted.  Next steps?

Thank you.

Forums Veteran I
bbhorrigan
My Device: 8900

Re: Cannot Delete Old Saved Messages

If you go to messages, press menu, go to email reconciliation, what does it say there for Delete on?

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
GLM
New Contributor
GLM
My Device: Not Specified

Delete On = Handheld, Wireless Reconcile = On, On Conflicts = Mailbox Wins.

I have tried deleting with Delete On = Mailbox & Handheld, but get same results.  I also did a Reconcile Now action, but no change.

Thanks for your consideration.

Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

The only other way I'm aware of is to clear the Messages database. Doing so will erase all messages from the device though.

From the Desktop Manager go into Backup and Restore | Advanced. Select the Messages database on the right hand side, then hit the Clear button 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.