Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Fatpaddy
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320

Cannot connect to Blackberry Server

I had original 8520 on O2 UK . It would not connect to the Blackberry server to download apps, it also wiped data completly on one occassion when unlocking the screen. It DID allow me to use my e-mails, however.

As a result O2 kindly replaced the phone and I got a Curve 9320 , this on 13th March 2013. O2 guru downloaded the old phone and uploaded to the new all my details . So far so good , using Plusnet Technology as an IPS at home I connected to the wireless network .

Now I can neither connect to the Blackberry Server  for Blackberry apps , NOR can I now connect my e-mails, a double whammy . Now sorry you guys but I am coming up 70 yrs , NOT the Hi Tech generation . A good deal of cost has gone into phone calls [ This origins at Dec 2nd 2012 !!!] stress of various kinds , travel to and from sites with no joy .I would add that I have Health issues and to a great deal depend upon the phone as a real assist.

I have changed User names , passwords to no avail .

Significantly I also wrote to your RIM UK , CeO on Jan 24th and got no reply , I have the signed receipt having used recorded delivery .

I have also copied in the Phone Ombudsman UK in Warrington . I need a solution can you please help.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Cannot connect to Blackberry Server

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please understand that this is a user-to-user community of volunteers...it is not a channel for any formal communications with, escalations to, nor support from BlackBerry for anything whatsoever. Rather, kind folks volunteer time here to try and help out other users who are in need, but this site has nothing whatsoever to do with any formal support from BlackBerry for anything.

That out of the way -- your situation is indeed sad. But, all in all, what I recommend is that you go back to O2 for formal support. After all, that actually (as per your contract) is your ONLY formal support channel (and I suspect that's why you never received a response to your letter - you bypassed your contract by reaching out in that manner).

As the provider of both your device as well as your services (at least, I think so, from what you've said), they (O2) are 100% responsible for delivery of all services to you as well as 100% responsible for all formal support to you. You used them once, and they helped greatly -- I am at a loss as to why you do not want to use them again now and instead are seeking ways to bypass them? After all, contractually, they are your sole source for formal support, and can escalate cases up to BlackBerry that require such attention -- but you must (you likewise are contractually bound to this process) start the process with O2.

Consider -- you PAY O2 for all of your services and all of your formal support...right now, they are delivering neither, and, in my opinion, you should be insisting that they do so. But it is to them, O2, that you need to be making such insistence. I applaud your involving local authorities...but you need to follow your contract in that process, which starts with O2, not with BlackBerry.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Fatpaddy

Replying to sdgardne Hall of Famer

Thanks for your response , and yes I took these points into consideration. You may or may not be aware that when the provider cannot provide service ie O2 then there is a fall back [ your para 4 line 5 ] which you acknowledge. When this fails as it has for me ie no assistance via Blackberry what then ?

Now I have to be honest the phone is a good piece suits me well as I have medical probs BUT if it don,t work I have a consumers right to pursue every avenue . In simple terms the phone does not do what its manufacturers tell me it does . I am running up more bills in phone calls and travel to ensure I have done what I can . Without help from O2 which was given and defeat admitted then passed to Blackberry what do I do eg to ensure that if I need to I can [ or someone else can ] contact my heart consultant. Now that sounds trite but it does illustrate that this is a tripart situation wether or no you agree.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Fatpaddy wrote:

You may or may not be aware that when the provider cannot provide service ie O2 then there is a fall back [ your para 4 line 5 ] which you acknowledge. When this fails as it has for me ie no assistance via Blackberry what then ?

I'm not exactly sure to what you are referring...but the process is that ALL formal support starts with the carrier, who can escalate your case up to BlackBerry if necessary. There is no free path for any end user to seek anything directly from BlackBerry for any purpose whatsoever. So, from your words, I'm not at all sure what you attempted nor how it worked out.

Fatpaddy wrote:

BUT if it don,t work I have a consumers right to pursue every avenue .  

Of course you do...but those avenues are typically (I do not know the laws in your jurisdiction, so I can only speak generally here) first dictated by whatever contractual instruments are in place. Typically, that means the formal support method as I've outlined. If that fails, then one can involve local governmental entities who may well be responsible to intervene. My only point was to set your expectation regarding the letter you sent...for, from all I understand, that would fall outside of both your contract as well as normal local governmental assistance methods. YMMV of course.

Fatpaddy wrote:

Without help from O2 which was given and defeat admitted then passed to Blackberry 

I cannot tell how that worked out...in this post is the first you've mentioned about involvement from BlackBerry.

Fatpaddy wrote:

what do I do eg to ensure that if I need to I can [ or someone else can ] contact my heart consultant. Now that sounds trite but it does illustrate that this is a tripart situation wether or no you agree. 

My agreement is irrelevant, and I am not challenging you on anything other than your letter to BlackBerry. Everything else I actually agree with you on. But, remember...exactly with whom do you have a contract? Do you have a contract with BlackBerry directly? I very seriously doubt it...rather, all of your contracts are with O2...hence, I'd suggest you redirect your escalations and governmental involvements at O2. I've heard of cases where the mere threat to do so causes a carrier to have a change of heart and provide assistance.

But, since you have no contract with BlackBerry directly, they really have no standing in your issue. Only O2, with whom you do have a contract, can do something...so my advice (whether or not you wish to listen to me anymore) is to be directing all of your efforts at O2.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Fatpaddy

Re previous messages my main problems are now solved thanks to the lovely folk at Blackberry and indeed O2 , and I feel a good deal better.

I remain convinced from my experiences that O2 service  have some way to go providing the service and they must be met by Blackberry if these areas are to be ironed out . I will say no more except a great thanks to those involved .

Fatpaddy.