Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
insuzy
My Device: blackberry curve 9300

Cannot connect to the internet, receive or send emails.

Yesterday my phone was working perfectly, it turned off because the battery died. This morning I couldn't receive or send any emails, check my twitter or connect to the internet. My carrier is simple mobile, I called them and they said my phone had been locked by "itself" and there's nothing they could do. 

Can someone help me please? I have a blackberry curve 9300

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Cannot connect to the internet, receive or send emails.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

insuzy wrote:

they said my phone had been locked by "itself" and there's nothing they could do. 

I've never heard any agent use those words...and I cannot correlate them to anything I know about. Did they perhaps say anything more? Hopefully they did, but it's impossible to usefully guess from just that report from them. Did they indicate what kind of lock? There are just too many possibilities to know how to proceed here.

Further, did they just fob you off like that? Since you pay them for all of your services, they are responsible for supporting you in that regard, including escalating up to RIM if necessary. To just fob you off like that is incredibly poor customer service. Did you try a different agent? It's sad, but you often find that different agents have different levels of training...

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
insuzy

Basically that's what they say, that because I bought my phone from T-Mobile and I changed it to Simple Mobile, the phone could block itself even if I drop it on the floor.

I am sorry I cannot help you more than that. I know that my phone is unlocked cause it accepts sim cards from France. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

insuzy wrote:

Basically that's what they say, that because I bought my phone from T-Mobile and I changed it to Simple Mobile, the phone could block itself 

Then whoever you spoke to does not know what they are talking about...the BB cannot, all by itself, "block itself". Just does not happen. Something must intervene to make it happen...it cannot do so by itself.

insuzy wrote:

even if I drop it on the floor. 

Are you saying that happened?

All I can recommend is that you try a different agent...as I said earlier, some are better trained than others. You may have to call back several times to find one that is able (and willing, btw) to help you. Given what you describe (assuming it DID NOT get dropped on the floor!), there's no reason for this to have happened...their system must have done something on it's side for this to happen.

Persistence (and great patience) will be your watchwords for this situation.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
insuzy

I tried to send the service books, but I cannot connect to the email settings at all. It says "your device had a problem connecting to the server"... I am really getting frustrated.

However my what's app application works fine. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
insuzy

I think I have a BIS outage. I connected my phone to my wireless router at home, and I could only access twitter and facebook, but not BBM, my emails through the Blackberry email services, even my GPS isn't working.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks for your help

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I am failing to understand why you are so reluctant to do as I've already recommended. With internet-distance advice, we are truly "shooting in the dark" since we cannot see anything "behind the scenes" to tell what is going on. Even your suspected BIS outage, we can have no access to anything authoritative about that. Since you didn't even acknowledge the advice I've already given you, I can only assume that you are choosing to not follow it.

Nevertheless, I'll continue to shoot in the dark for you. With your WiFi radio OFF and a strong signal to your carrier network, try the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If those do not work exactly as I've said above, then it's back to the recommendation I've already made.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
insuzy

Hello sdgardne, sorry I forgot to tell you I called them again, they said there was a problem in their towers because I was in Ohio. So the service may be disrupted. Then I recalled again, and they said no problem was coming from their towers, they asked me to re-boot the phone by taking off the battery, to do the HRT and service book to be resent and evertything has failed. Then they recommended me to put the sim card to another blackberry, and it worked. So it is my phone that has a problem, not my service.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...that information is extremely useful...thank you.

So, let's take a step back...are your voice services (calling, voicemail, SMS but not MMS) working correctly (on Simple Mobile)?

What do the signal indicators on the top of your display showing? Please be careful in your response...case sensitivity will matter greatly with this.

Also, what country are you in please?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
insuzy

All voice services are working perfectly. I have 3G (capital G) then the Blackberry logo and 5 bars for the network.

I am in the US.

Thank you

Please use plain text.