Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Cannot connect to the internet, receive or send emails.

OK...so some more things to check...it may be that the specific command sequence I give you here does not match your specific BB/OS level...you may have to hunt around as getting to certain commands changes based on the OS level and BB model you are using. Since I don't have a replica of yours, I can only guess...

So next, inside of

• Manage Connections > Service Status

what is the status of BlackBerry Internet Service?

Further, from within

• Manage Connections > Options > Networks and Connections > Mobile Network

are your "Data Services" turned on? Also on that screen, it will tell you the Mobile Network to which you are connected, and have a setting for the "Network Mode"...is that setting correct for your carrier (sorry, I have no way to know what correct for them will be...)?

Also, above when they asked you before to send the HRT, you said everything had failed. Did that mean that, when you executed the command, you saw the pop up on your BB of the message being queued, but you never received, into your Messages app, the message that I indicated in my post 7 above?

If so, then I have very few ideas left...but for one...refer to this page:

Your carrier (Simple Mobile, according to your profile), isn't actually listed there...I've always used that page as a list of the formally authorized BB providing carriers. Perhaps Simple is reselling some other carrier network? Perhaps there are some special settings (e.g., APN) that need to be put in your BB for data functionality? 

A wild possibility is that Simple isn't really a BB supporting carrier, and that you were, for a short time, receiving BIS services from TM, until TM finally caught up and shut them down. That does happen sometimes...

However, they really should have been able to help you with this...it's sad how they fobbed you off. Then again, when one brings a BB onto a carrier that did not sell the BB to them, the carrier agents all too often "blame the device" rather than really look deeply into what is going on. It would really be very helpful if some further idea of what they meant by the device blocking itself could be obtained...for I can correlate nothing to that as it stands.

Good luck and let us know!!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
insuzy
My Device: blackberry curve 9300

• Status of BlackBerry Internet Service - Mobile Network
  •  "Data Services" - It is on, "while Roaming" is on as well
  • For the HRT, I selected Register Now, "The registration message sent" is displayed bu tI never received the email from Blackberry saying that I succesfully registered.
  • Simple Mobile is a BB carrier, the APN is "simple", I had the phone working since January 2012 and I didn't have any problems with it. Suddendly, after charging my phone on Wednesday night, that I realized I didn't have to any internet connections

The other blackberry I put my simcard in worked perfectly under the Simple Mobile network though. So now I am thinking my phone may have a problem, but which one, I am clueless about. 

Thank you very much for taking time to help me

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hmmm...well, with all of that, I'm actually stumped as well. If they only could provide more information about what they said about it blocking itself, that would help greatly. As it stands, I can see no reason for it to not work. But clearly it is not working. It is a pity that they won't be more helpful in their support to you...for that is truly your sole channel for any formal support whatsoever.

Maybe someone else will come along with better knowledge than I have about your situation.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
JSanders
Solutions: 5,988
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

insuzy wrote:

The other blackberry I put my simcard in worked perfectly under the Simple Mobile network though. So now I am thinking my phone may have a problem, but which one, I am clueless about. 

What "could" have happened is this.. once you placed your SIM in another BlackBerry, that "other" BlackBerry is now registered with your account, on your SIM. Making your device, unregistered.

What carrier was this other BlackBerry with, also SIMPLE?

EXCEPT, from what you've pasted there... looks like you're connected to your BIS account.

Devices DO NOT become "unlocked" to a network on their own. Just doesn't happen. Sounds like this swapping of SIM cards may have you stuck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
JSanders

So, to followup, you might call Simple back and ask them to make sure your IEMI and PIN are on your account.

That still doesn't explain why the BIS says it is connected.

Another thing you might try for emails:

Please try this using your BlackBerry browser...

• Go to mobile.blackberry.com OR to www.blackberry.com/integrate
• Scroll down to Communication and then to Email.
• Choose the appropriate email set up options.

If that works and completes your email setup/editing, good.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
insuzy

Hello Jsanders, I placed the SIM card in the other phone this morning, after I have tried numerous times to hard resetting my Blackberry. For the past 11 months, the SIM card has been in my phone non stop. 

The carrier of that phone was an unlocked T-Mobile phone. 

What is weird is I still receive the "what's app" messages which requires an internet connection. But I cannot still access to internet, emails or BBM

Contributor
insuzy

Thank you so much for your help. :smileyhappy:

Contributor
insuzy

My PIN is in my account, the person I had on the phone told me he sent successfully my service books to my PIN and I should restart my phone. Yet it hasn't worked. 

My blackberry browser doesn't work, so I cannot try what you have suggested :smileysad: 

JSanders

insuzy wrote:

Hello Jsanders, I placed the SIM card in the other phone this morning, after I have tried numerous times to hard resetting my Blackberry. For the past 11 months, the SIM card has been in my phone non stop.

Doesn't matter.

You could HAVE had some tower issues at one time this week. And then you swapped SIMs to the other device. And all of that together, happening so close together, you nor I nor sdgardne nor Simple, none of us can pinpoint what happened.

Calling and making sure the IMEI and PIN are on your account is one thing that needs to be done to rule that out.

Knowledge Base Updates
JSanders

insuzy wrote:

My PIN is in my account, the person I had on the phone told me he sent successfully my service books to my PIN and I should restart my phone. Yet it hasn't worked. 

My blackberry browser doesn't work, so I cannot try what you have suggested :smileysad: 

Look at Options > Advanced > Service Books.

Are they there?

When you do the HRT Registration you said you don't get the Registration message, which means the device is NOT registered on the network.

Knowledge Base Updates