Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Cannot copy file from desktop to media card

Whenever I try to copy a file from my desktop to my media card I get an error. When I use the desktop manager software I get the message 'one or more files cannot be copied: FILE_NAME'. When I use Windows Explorer to try the same thing I get the message 'Cannot copy FILE_NAME: parameter is incorrect'.

I do have a proper connection from the desktop to the blackberry because I can open files on the media card and update them. I just have the problem copying the files.

I have been able to copy the files from the desktop to the device memory. Then move it from the device memory to the media card. But there should be no difference between the device memory and the media card.

Note: The file I am trying to copy is a data file (.PDF). While I was having the same problem with music files, I found if I went into advanced parameters from desktop manager and specified the audio file type & bitrate I was able to copy the music file without errors.

I have a blackberry curve 8300

16GB media card