If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
Ooops
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Cannot delete the Message Symbol on the Top

my BB Curve 8520 always shows me a New Message on the Top of the Display, although there is None. How can I reset / delete the Symbol?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Gralt
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700 Onyx
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: Cannot delete the Message Symbol on the Top

Hi Ooops, you will find an envelope icon ( All Messages) on your main screen that contains all messages, missed calls and notifications, simply open the icon and scroll through until you find either an unopened message or a missed call, you can then either open the item to respond or simply delete.

Hope that helps.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Cannot delete the Message Symbol on the Top

Hi Ooops

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

In addition to what Gralt suggested ,On your home screen Go to main Message Box ,open it go over a Specific date say today then Press Menu key > scroll  and click " Mark Prior Read " . then perform a battery pull restart like this : device power on remove battery,wait for a min. then reinsert and wait till it reboot , see if it is still there,

If still appears then Open Message Box Press the menu key > View Folder > and search every field and see if any Unread message is there.

Prince

_________________________________________________________________________________

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.