Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
tomw72
My Device: 8520 Curve, with v5.0.0.592

Cannot download Blackberry Podcast App with Curve 8520

Hi,

I was very excited to hear Blackberry had released the Blackberry Podcast App, so I went to the Podcast App page on the Blackberry site to try and download it for my Curve 8520. 

I'm in Spain, and have a data plan with Orange.

I checked the system requirements on the above page, and it says that the Curve is supported.

However, when I try and download it directly to my phone it says "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry Podcast."

I have tried the download both using WIFI and my data service without success. The OS I am running is v5.0.0.592 (platform 5.2.0.64), and I have a MicroSD card, one of the additional requirements.

I have spent a couple of hours trying to find a solution online, but have had no luck. 

Can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

Thank you!

Tom

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Cannot download Blackberry Podcast App with Curve 8520

Have you tried downloading from AppWorld?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rockspider
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Cannot download Blackberry Podcast App with Curve 8520

Dont waste your time trying. The silly app only works in America (and Canada).

After spending many hours trying to download it from my phone, from my pc browser and app world, i discovered the app only works in USA and Canada. It says it in tiny small print on the appworld website (if you go to http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/ and search for podcasts, click on 'Blackberry Podcasts' in in the far right column down the bottom is says Supported Countries: USA, Canada. 

I would have preferred if they called it something like 'BB Podcasts USA' or made it much clearer in huge font that it is a USA only app.  This would have saved thousands of people around the world many hours of frustration which only leads to disappointment when you cant install the app. Most people use appworld app (not the appworld website) so most people wont see the tiny text on the website listing the 'supported countries'.

Can anyone recommend an alternative?

Please use plain text.