Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
jimjim
My Device: Not Specified

Cannot find the Outlook profile in the Desktop Manager

Hi, I treid to sync my contact number in my BB with outlook 2007 but in the synchornization menu when I chose to sync my contact there is not out look profile in the box so I don't know if its the problem of my outlook2007 or I need to do some config with my desktop manager?

I have 2 profile in for my outlook but none of them appear in the drop box when i select to sync my address book.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Cannot find the Outlook profile in the Desktop Manager

Which version of the Desktop Manager are you using?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jimjim

I am using the 4.7 version.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

On the main screen of the Desktop Manager hit Options and go into Profile Options. Does it list your Outlook profile in that box? If not change to the correct profile.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BillCon

I don't know if I should jump in here and maybe confuse things.  Just let me know and I'll back off.  I am having the same problem.

I can not find Outlook as an option to sync.  I have a BB8330 running 4.5 Desktop Manager.  Computor runs Windows XP 2002.

Can you help?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jimjim

I already hit the option menu in the main menu and went to the profile option but there is nothing in the profile option drop box. There are to bullet to tick 1.Promt for the profile to be used 2.Always use this profile ( there is no profile in this setion)

It seems like the Desktop manager can't locate my Outlook2007 or there should be some problem with the outlook because before I used to have iphone and it only can connect with the outlook once and after that when i sync them together It won't update anything in the outlook2007.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

I beleive it pulls the profile information from the Control Panel | Mail information. If you go into Control Panel and go into the Mail icon, hit the Show Profiles button. Does your Outlook profile show up fine here? If so check the bottom part of the box and make sure the correct default profile is chosen.

It may be worth trying a clean uninstall of the Desktop Manager. Afterwards just reinstall 4.7. The clean uninstall steps can be found here

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02206

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jimjim

I went to the control panel in the Mail icon i click to see the mail profile, I am using 2 mails and they show when I click show mail profile properly. I am now uninstall the Desktop manager and will re-install it again. Will update after install.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BillCon

None of this is helping me.  I'll start a new thread with my specific problems.  under Option i just have "Connection Options" and "Data Folder Options"  Clicking
Data Folder Options" there is choice between "Use the default data folder suggested by Windows (recommended)" which has been chosen, and "Use this specific Folder"  The folder that then appears is "C:\Documents and Settings\Bill\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\" When I choose this folder it doesn't change anything and if I go back through the process again it doesn't even show that I have chosen it at all.  It still has the choice as "Use default......"

I think I have a different problem than you do.  Good luck with yours.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jimjim

I re-installed the Desktop manager already and finally The desktop manager already found the email profile from outlook so I go to synchonization menu and syn my address book with outlook with the profile I chosed but unfortunately at the end of the process (finish button) there is one pop-up showed message  "No Available Message Stores"

What happen with this message

Please use plain text.