Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Cannot open attachments on Curve 8320

I really could use some help on my new Curve 8320. I had this identical phone up until my charging and syncing port broke away from my phone. I was not able to transfer my data from my old phone to my identical new model. I have gotten all transferred to the same set up but i am not able to get the attachments to open. I keep getting "this attachment type can not be viewed on your device" I have searched and similar problems have been raised but the responses have not resolved my problem. On my new phone I have the blackberry service 4.5.0 and the Documents to go 1.002.016 installed. I have wiped the phone clean, reinstalled and have made sure that all have permissions to the "allow" status. The funny thing is my old phone that did open all attatchments with no problem had the blackberry attachment service loaded but not the Documents to go.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Cannot open attachments on Curve 8320

Hi and welcome to the forums,

What carrier did you download OS 4.5 from. I wasn't aware that any carriers had released it?

Let me know,

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Device OS 4.5 has been out for about a month in Australia...

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Bifocals wrote:
What carrier did you download OS 4.5 from. I wasn't aware that any carriers had released it?

Hello,

please read my post, it's the most up-to-date list I know about 4.5.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&thread.id=6807

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

It was downloaded from Orange UK.