Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
jmagid
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Cannot receive Hotmail on blackberry

I've read through the e-mail-related threads on this board and have worked with Sprint's Blackberry tech support folks who assure me that there's some unknown problem on the hotmail side of the fence.  When I first got my blackberry I got all my hotmail delivered to the device without problem.  Last week I started receiving only one of two, then one of three, then one of about 15, and now zero messages. 

Hotmail of course offers no help and no explanation, and naturally one cannot forward hotmail messages to a non-microsoft mail account and I can't seem to grab them with a gmail account either. 

Anyone have any ideas about how to get hotmail to resume delivering messages to my blackberry? 

Many thanks

J.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Cannot receive Hotmail on blackberry

Try logging onto Sprint's BIS site to remove, then readd the hotmail account.

http://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=sprint

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jmagid

Appreciate the thought.  I've done that about three times a day for the past three days. Hasn't worked yet.  This is the only solution that the sprint blackberry tech support guys have come up with, unfortunately.

Does anyone know of anything that can be done on the Hotmail side of this equation, perhaps?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Hotmail is in the process of trying to convert everybody to MsLive. They say they are grandfathering in Hotmail,

but as you may have read, it's not really going well. They do have the option of getting a MsLive account and

incorporating your hotmail addressed mail.

You may want to join the (Bill Gates) bandwagon, It looks like you are going there anyway.

If you need more information, please ask!

If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudos’ star.

Just check the post that had your answer!

Thanks  

Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-16-2008 09:49 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jmagid

Yes, I have a "Windows Live" account.  It appears that what I need to do is somehow figure out how to sign up for "live mail plus," a paid subscription, so that I can use POP3 to push my mail to the gmail account I just opened, and then have gmail push my mail to the blackberry device.  Then, I can take the next several months to change my e-mail address.

I have to say just to no one in particular that this REALLY SUCKS.  The crazy thing is that I can't even find a way to sign up for Micro$hit's freaking "live mail plus."  I am willing to pump more money into Ballmer's **bleep** fund and he can't even figure out how to make THAT convenient.  Unbelievable.  Truly, Microsoft is the worst company on planet earth.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

You may want to check to see if even with a POP3 account the MS LIve will allow that. I think I rememnber a

problem on the MS live side.

Sorry,

Please take a minute and resolve the post, ok?

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Visitor
stuartslim
My Device: storm 9530

I had the same problem with my Verizon storm 9530.  The solution that worked for me was; To eliminate as many emails as possible (archived in outlook and deleted others) especially those larger than 5MB.  Apparently a timeout occurs while scanning the emails.  Then remove the hotmail account from the device using email setup feature (blackberry internet service).  Reset the device (remove the battery while its turned on and leave it out for 1 full minute).  Then re-add the hotmail account.

This worked great and I'm receiving all my emails again.

Please use plain text.