Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

Cannot receive file via Bluetooth

[ Edited ]

BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE.....YES I HAVE READ ALL OTHER POSTS REGARDING THIS ISSUE!!!!  ................

but nobody has come up with a solution so I will start a new thread on this.

1-I have paired my BBBold with a Samung Eternity 

2-I can send files via BT to the Eternity.

3-When trying to receive files I go to Media, Menu, Receive Using Bluetooth and a window pops up saying File Transfer, Waiting for connection .

4-From the Eternity, I am choosing a ringtone and choose send via Bluetooth and tap on my device which is listed there as connected.  After two seconds, I receive a Transfer Failed Error.

I have tried Battery Pulling, restarting both devices, deleting the BT connections on both phones and pairing again and nothing works.

I have also tried disabling security on my phone and content protection and content compression and still it does not receive the file.

I have to every forum post regarding this issue and I am becoming frustrated about this.  It is a great phone but to not be able to receive a file via BT is liek I said frustrating.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! 

Message Edited by javierrosado on 09-04-2009 09:22 PM
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Cannot receive file via Bluetooth

I had a simliar issue with my old delve and my bb. I'm pretty some of my ringtones were not compatible with my bb so it wouldn't take them. Good luck!
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Torch 9800

Well...for some unknown reason it started working today after a battery pull maneuver (which I had done many times before).

After a while of receiving files the BT failed to work and disconnected even from my BlueAnt headset.  I made nother Battery Pull and it went back to work again.  

This forum must have made a miracle just by posting because I swear I had tried everything.

Good luck to anybody else with the same problem.  If I can help somehow let me know.

Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: optus