Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: 9300

Cannot reinstall facebook

I deleted my facebook, and now when I try to reinstall it from Application it can't. When I download it from browser, it still can't be downloaded, Please help.
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Cannot reinstall facebook

Hi there,

Where are you trying to download it from? I would suggest downloading it using your BlackBerry browser and download it from http://blackberry.com/facebook.

If you have already tried downloading it from there, then perform a battery pull and try again. To perform a battery pull, simply remove the battery on your BlackBerry for 15-30 seconds, reinsert and wait for the device to reboot.

If that still doesn't help, post back as there is a more drastic option that we can try that should get you back up and running with it.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

I tried the first option many times, I have also tried the second option of a battery, thank you for trying to help, let's move on to the drastic option please.
Elite I

Ok, in that case, it sounds like you've got a software problem, so I'd suggest reloading the software on the device. To do this, use the instructions in the following thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

That should get you back up and running and should also help clear up an other issues you may have had or any slow downs that developed over time.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

I'm stuck at step 5, How to reinstall the OS?
Elite I

I'm not sure where you're having issues. Are you seeing an error message?

New Contributor

No, I can't see any error. I opened this link that you provided for downloading Operating System. http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp.
But I can't see anything that says "Operating System" there. I also don't know if what is this "OP" and where to find it.
Elite I

From here, you need to select your wireless service provider from the list (e.g. if you have a Vodafone UK BlackBerry Curve 9300, select Vodafone UK from the list. On your carrier download page, select your phone model (Curve 3G or 9300) from the drop down mend, and download the OS to your computer and install it to your computer. You can then proceed with the OS download.