Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Acerna
My Device: Not Specified

Cannot send email

My BB was working fine, then last week this symptom developed:

I can send email but not to any email address that is in my address book (Outlook 2003); I receive all email on my BB. If I delete someone from my address book, then my BB will send email to them. (I have a BB Curve 8310 with GPS using Desktop Manger 4.6) Very annoying. Help!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Cannot send email

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Please Go to options/security/and see if content protection is enabled. If it is please disable it.

Thanks,

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks 
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Acerna

Cannoy find Options/Security; where is it on this page? And why should I disable my security?

What is "restoring a thread'?

What green box?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Bifocals was referring to options/security on your phone. That is where he would like you to follow his steps. Resolving the post is a generic message he uses to kindly ask people to close the thread using the green box on the right of your computer screen after your problem is solved.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Acerna

BB Options/Security Options/General Settings/Content Protection was disabled all along. Strength was 'strong'. Include address book: No

Green box will be clicked once resolution achieved.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi,

You cannot email the contact when you are composing an email and you type the contacts name?

If you go to addresbook and select a contact and either select email the contact or call the contact

does that work?

First try the battery pull listed and see if it works normally. If not your addressbook

may be corrupt on the BB. Use the link provided to restore the database;

Battery pull:

No data will be lost when doing the following: pull the battery while the device is ON.

Replace after a minute, Let the device reboot 1-3 min, see if the problem is fixed,

Let us know,

Thanks

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05313&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Acerna

Q. You cannot email the contact when you are composing an email and you type the contacts name? R. True. Typing a contact's email address does not help, if the email address is in Outlook. Q. If you go to addresbook and select a contact and either select email the contact or call the contact does that work? R1. If I select the contact's email address out of Outlook Address Book, the email will not go to them. R2. If I call anyone by using their Outlook Address Book numbers, all calls go through. R3. If I delete someone from Outlook Address BOOK, then email them, the emails goes through. Q. First try the battery pull listed and see if it works normally. R. Battery pull achieved no difference. Q. If not your addressbook may be corrupt on the BB. Use the link provided to restore the database: R. The link provided leads to KB05313: Task 1 cannot be done: no menu like that. Task 2 done plus "Address Book - All" was cleared too. Could not click OK and Close, but I X-ed out. Task 3, I chose KB04135. KB04135 asks me to go to 195718, which, when there, in turn is re-named 287072. Using the *.pst instuctions, Steps 1-6 were done, but at Step 7, the menu did not offer this choice, so I stopped. Back at KB04135, wireless disable is not a choice on my BB. Re Intellisync, at step 2., the "Intellisync" option was not a choice on DeskTop Manager, so I could proceed no further there. Still, HELP!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi,

Some of the articles in the knowledgebase are from older version's of the desktop software.

"Double-click Intellisync. The Intellisync window opens. Click Configure PIM"

When the procedure refers to intellisync regarding the Desktop: it's now the SYNCRONIZATION option.

So the procedure is telling you to go to the  Synchronization Configuration option, and reset the

Outlook options to sync, (calendar ,tasks, notes, addressbook).

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Acerna

Tried to follow the instructions as best as possible but seem to have simply wiped out my Address Book and most of my calendar. Backed up these files first. After the wipe out, restored them: problem persits.

What may be needed is to copy the address book to a new file and use it?

Please use plain text.