Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

KellCJay
My Device: Curve 9300

Cannot set up BIS account without "email accounts" icon!

Hi everyone,

I have had a Blackberry Curve 9300 for about a year now and haven't bothered with getting emails set up, but now I really need to.  I know that you have to create a BIS account, but I'm using Bell and the only way on their website it says to do that is by going through the BB "Email Account" setting. However, my icon has completely dissapeared. I have tried doing "Show All" but that doesn't work. It's just gone. Someone said I need to download Service Book from BIS BUT I don't yet have a BIS account... so i can't do that. Hitting a bit of a wall here. Any ideas?

Thanks so much,

Kelsey

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
elite1
My Device: Z10 + PB 64GB
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Cannot set up BIS account without "email accounts" icon!

You need Service Books from carrier to expose that icon. If you're on BIS, your device would DL Serv Books when activated. Since you're not on BIS you can't get 'em.

Call Bell Customer Service (from a different phone) and ask to add & activate a BB data plan.

Twitter: @elite1_
Please use plain text.
KellCJay
My Device: Curve 9300

Thanks,

Okay here's the weird thing. I have a data plan. And I used to be able to see the email accounts icon, and had tried previously to get it working but couldnt. And then one day it suddenly disappeared, and then I gave up. But now I'd actually like something that I'm paying for to be working so... Thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
elite1
My Device: Z10 + PB 64GB
My Carrier: Telus

I really can't tell you much else without asking a ton of questions.

Honestly, best (and fastest) thing for you right now is to call Bell customer service.

And remember, a data plan is not necessarily a BlackBerry data plan. Must be BB-specific, aka BIS.

For whatever reason, you don't seem to be on it now.

If you want to troubleshoot a bit first, you can try the suggestions I just gave to another poster first:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/BBM-not-working-after-O2-updating-my-minutes...

Twitter: @elite1_
Please use plain text.