Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,879
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Cannot unhide my Blackberry folder

adelvh wrote:

Unfortunately I cannot access the Blackberry folder from my pc, it do not want to show in my list of folders even though I have selected to show hidden folders on my pc. 

And if you look at the Properties of this main folder, the "hide" option is greyed out?

You need to get a card adaptor for the Media card, and be able to view this card directly on the PC. I am not sure what you've done and why the "BlackBerry" folder won't unhide. But remove it from your BlackBerry and find a media card adaptor so you can look at the contents of the card on your PC.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adelvh
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: MTN

I wil try do view the mem card with another phone as I do not have an adaptor. Is it possible that it is somehow protected? Can I see somewhere if it is?
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Do check your Options > Security > Encryption and make sure it is disabled  for the Media Card.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adelvh

Ok, double checked the encryption and it is not protected. If I format the memory card where will I get all the goodies to set it back to as it was when I just received the phone?
Please use plain text.
JSanders

adelvh wrote:
where will I get all the goodies to set it back to as it was when I just received the phone?

What goodies?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tazzrouane
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: o2

hi,first of all ive spent all night trying to rectify the same problem,same problem with the media card.my 9300 was unblocked when i connected to my laptop there were 4 viruses on my mobile

i have unhidden blackberry folder using windows explorer and all my pic and music are now showing  in media folders

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
carla19
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Globe

I'm sorry for resurrecting this old thread.  I don't want to start a new one so please bear with me if this is against any rules.

I am having the same problem here.  I am unable to view my Blackberry Folder on my media card. My PC is unable to read it when i plug in the USB cable.  If I view the files, I have to click on Show Hidden, and I am unable to unhide it (The "Hidden" box is checked and grayed out).  I already tried clicking on show hidden files on my PC but no joy. It just refuses to show itself.

Media Card is not encrypted.  I haven't done anything unusual within the last month (this happened just a few days ago).

Thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
Marianne_N
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: Airtel

Am also having the same problem! I can't access the blackberry folder yet I can access all other folders! I just removed the memory card and put it in a card adaptor and wen I put it in my phone again, it couldn't work again! BB curve 9300
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adelvh

I managed to fix my problem.  I moved all my items that is saved on the memory card to another phone via bluetooth and then did a security wipe of my memory card and it corrected everything.  I just had to load everything back onto my memory card

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
carla19
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Globe

Hello, I was able to resolve this using good ol' DOS commands.

What happened was a Recycler file was transferred to my Curve (don't know how) and I was told that it hides folders and you can't unhide them from Windows Explorer even after you delete the stupid thing.

So here's what I did:

F:\ (whatever your Blackberry drive is)
attrib -H -S "Blackberry" /D

I didn't have to reformat the memory card, everything went back to what it was.  Props to my bro for teaching me.  :Clap:

Please use plain text.