Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Cannot use blackberry at all

Hi all,

I have blackberry Curve 8310. I downloaded the desktop manager V4.7 with media manager. I then connected the device and started the backup process. It was taking a longtime for the backup and killed the process (in the desktop) using Task Manager in Windows XP.

From that moment, I cannot use my device at all. It just does not respond to keyboard. I cannot make a phone call or receive one. I cannot unlock the phone.

Anyone to help! I am just stuck!

Regards,

Nageshwara Manda

New Contributor

Re: Cannot use blackberry at all

Hi,

An additional information. I tried both soft and hard reset. It does not help. Keyboard simply does not respond and the screen switches off after a minute. Any help? Where can I seek help?

Regards,

Nageshwara Manda

Solutions: 6,169
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Hi,

As said, I did a hard reset (removing the battery and inserting back). It does not help. I contacted the service provider and he asked me to ship if I bought the device from them. Its my badluck and I did not buy the device from service provider!

He said it is a frequently occuring problem when data transfer between the device and the desktop is interrupted in middle and is a problem in the hardware and requires some correction.

Any help?

Regards,

Nageshwara Sharma

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

if I recall correctly, the solution is to install again the OS on your device. There is a special procedure for that, that requires to "do something fast" at some point, you can find it on the forum but I don't have it right now.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

You can try reloading the OS in one of 2 ways:

1. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03485
  2. http://blackberryfaq.net/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.