Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
marcwie
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8320
Accepted Solution

Cant create an BIS Account - cause the PIN Number is already in use...

Hi there :smileyhappy:

about 1 year ago i bought a blackberry curve 8320 on ebay in germany. I now wanted to register at the BIS (at Vodafone in Germay) it tells me that the phone (PIN) is already registered at the BIS. I tried to use the "send Password" Link with my PIN Number but it didnt work out (The website says the password is sent successfully but it does not reach my cell phone). Aftre that i asked at VOdafone Customer support and they said the phone isnt registered with Vodafone.

Is there a chance to delete or edit the old account registered to my PIN Number?!? So that i can register and get my own BIS?!

Thank you all in advance for the help!

Greets

Marc

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Sith_Apprentice
My Device: various

Re: Cant create an BIS Account - cause the PIN Number is already in use...

Call Vodafone and ask for RIM support. They can release the account (now they may or may not, but that is another issue). Basically someone else still has this listed as their PIN on their account. Its going to take some doing but you can get this done.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the Star on the left of their post.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marcwie

Hiho!

thanks for your quick answer - i tried with vodafone and the said i should call RIM or even write an e-mail to help@rim.com - thats the answer i got:

"Thank you for contacting BlackBerryTechnical Support. The email you submitted has not been delivered. Please find many alternative support options below.

Are you a BlackBerry Partner or Carrier?

If you are a BlackBerry Partner or Carrier and have a carrier code please contact your partner Support Account Manager as you incorrectly received this message.

Self-Help Options:

BlackBerryTechnical Solution Center. All BlackBerry smartphone users have free access to the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center a repository of support information and documentation, with enhanced search capabilities. Easily search for and find the BlackBerry support information you need.
(http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/)

BlackBerry Answers.The mobile web site that like having your own technical support team at your fingertips. Accessible right from your BlackBerry smartphone at mobile.blackberry.com, just type in a question to get step-by-step instructions that should solve the problem.(Note: BlackBerry Answers is compatible with all BlackBerry smartphones carrying a series number of 8000 and higher).

BlackBerry Support Community Forums.Get your questions answered, and participate in discussions on BlackBerry products and services. Visit the BlackBerry Community Support Forum to get started.

Flickr Picasa Facebook and Instant Messaging Applications. If you require assistance with one of our free social networking applications, please feel free to use our online web form to submit technical issues directly to BlackBerryTechnical Support at your convenience.

(http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/)

Are you already a BlackBerry Technical Support Services subscriber?

If you have a technical support services subscription, you may contact us through our online web form (https://www.blackberry.com/besc/dashboard). If your BlackBerry smartphone has been provided to you by your company, please contact your IT help desk for assistance.

All other BlackBerry smartphone users are encouraged to use one of the following options:

Contact your Wireless Service Provider. Your service provider fields general questions and provides technical support for BlackBerry related issues and can act as your first point of contact.

Subscribe to an annual based BlackBerry technical support program. BlackBerryTechnical Support Services offers 24x7 technical support and BlackBerryEnterprise Server software upgrades. If your technical support subscription has expired, or you would like to learn more about this option, copy and paste the following URL into your address bar: (
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/programs/technical.jsp#tab_tab_annual.)

Obtain Pay-Per Incident Support from Research In Motion (RIM). Receive fee-based support directly from RIM, the manufacturer and wireless experts for the BlackBerry solution. If you would like to learn more about this option, please copy and paste the following URL into your address bar:

(http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/programs/technical.jsp#tab_ddetail_subtab_incident) "

Whats the difference betweena carriwer and a partner?! Kinda confused what to do now - cause i dont know what to do now :smileysad:

Maybe you can give me a hint once more...thanks very very much in advance and greets

Marc

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marcwie

Its solved - about 10 secs ago i got the activation Mail on my Phone!

Everythings fine now - the "send Passwort" Link with my PIN-Number worked fine...just took a bit!

THANKS A LOT for your help!

Marc

Please use plain text.
jlaz_brazil
My Device: Curve 8320

[ Edited ]

Hi Marc, I'm getting the exact same error you did. How did you get it solved? I sent an e-mail to webmaster@blackberry.net and got the same e-mail answer you have.

I bought a BB Curve 8320 from a friend's friend and I'm not able to use it in Brazil. I also tried to log in with the PIN # and password without success. I don't know what else to do. Can you give me any advice on what to do?

PIN # XXXX

IMEI #: XXXX

Thanks!

Jean

EDIT: Personal Information Removed - Information such as IMEI, PIN, personal phone and e-mail is prohibited for security purposes.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marcwie

2373iF0D656ADE26A476A

I entered the PIN in this Form and i was told that the PIN is already in use. Then i chose something like "send your Pass to your device" and 2 days later i got the info that my account is free again...quite hard to explain :smileysad: the adress for this form is

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html

I hope that helps...but its really quite hard to explain!

Greets

Marc

Please use plain text.