Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Jc18able
My Device: BB 9360 Apollo

Re: Cant install update

Stil getting the same error about the activate subcription

Should I try with Loader.EXE?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

You can, but you will get the same error...are you 1000000% positive that you totally removed your PC from any Internet access?

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jc18able

Yes, my pc doesnt have wifi, I turned the router off and even disconnected the ethernet cable, and still getting the same error, I tried with Loader.EXE but I get the same problem from my first post.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Strange...very strange...OK, then with your PC still disconnected from the Internet. Try shutting it down (full shut down) and then booting it back up. Then, still again with it disconnected from the Internet, try the install yet again.

If it continues to get the error...then I'm stumped...and can only guess that you should perhaps try a different OS package.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jc18able

[ Edited ]

Hey!

I finally updated my OS :smileyvery-happy:

I followed these steps one by one and it worked

http://alaasdk.wordpress.com/2011/09/24/how-to-upgrade-install-blackberry-os-without-having-active-s...

I had some errors (Loader.exe crashing, freezing) at step 7 when I was trying to open the Loader.exe but after a few times it worked!

and I want to thank you for your time, dedication and pantience!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Well, I'm glad you found something that worked. It's odd, and I've done what I recommended many many times with a likewise non-BIS activated device, and it worked fine. It is strange that something more drastic was required in your case, but I'm glad you found it.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.