Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Jc18able
My Device: BB 9360 Apollo
My Carrier: None
Accepted Solution

Cant install update

Hello

Im trying to install a soft update on my BB 9360 apollo from 7.0 Bundle 1680 (v7.0.0.353) to T-mobile, OS 7.1.0.861

I removed the vendor file and then I do  every step at the installation box but it doesnt even take 1 second to install and then it shows this

And then nothing else happens.

Any idea?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Cant install update

Hello,

Yup...this:

Jc18able wrote:

I removed the vendor file

There is likely a second VENDOR.XML file to remove...check carefully (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jc18able

Ok I removed the second vendor file from the "blackberry" folder; this one  http://i2.minus.com/jzMAJ2AT5Bl9A.JPG

The first I removed was in the folder

http://i4.minus.com/iJp0qB6iX8xSm.JPG

I removed both of them, but still getting the same problem :/

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Those look like the correct ones to remove. With the result you state, the typical reasons are:

• There is no BB OS Package installed to your PC
  • There is a BB OS Package installed to your PC, but it is not for your identical BB model number
  • There is a compatible (model number) BB OS Package installed to your PC, but all copies of VENDOR.XML have not been removed
  • There is more than one BB OS Package installed to your PC

And, just to double check, you are attempting this by directly running LOADER.EXE, not the Desktop Software, right?

Thanks and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jc18able

[ Edited ]

Yes Im running the Loader.EXE from here:

http://i4.minus.com/iJp0qB6iX8xSm.JPG

And if this is helps I downloaded the soft from here:

http://tmodc.hcac.com/9360/HandheldSoftware/HandheldSoftware.htm

and I just made a search with the word "Vendor" and nothing came out :/

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

So, in post 4 above, I gave you 4 possible reasons...have you looked into those at all?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jc18able

[ Edited ]

well hmm

1- no BB OS package? I only  installed the file I downloaded from the link I just posted

2-  If you mean this, I just took a pic, https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BI0GMXSCMAApe4Z.jpg:large

and as you can see in the link from where I downloaded the soft it is say Download For:  T-Mobile BlackBerry® Curve 9360

3- I just did a search with the word "Vendor" and nothing came out

4- This is the first time I  download and try to install a BB OS soft.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...then try this please...

1) Uninstall, from your PC, any and all BB software (BB OS packages, Desktop Software, etc.)

2) Download and install, to your PC, a fresh copy of the BB Desktop Software

3) Download and install, to your PC, a fresh copy of the BB OS package you desire:

4) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should immediately offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.

• If the immediate offer does not happen, then the OS package you downloaded and installed to your PC was ignored...usually for one of those 4 reasons I listed earlier. You should not need to do anything other than launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...it should take it from there and make the offer.

Jc18able wrote:

3- I just did a search with the word "Vendor" and nothing came out

Never depend on that...these files are not in normal user areas, and quite often the Windows searches won't reveal them. But, from what you mentioned earlier, you likely did get them, so the problem is likely something else.

Jc18able wrote:

4- This is the first time I  download and try to install a BB OS soft.

Nevertheless...please do the above (remove everything and start over)...something is not being properly recognized between your PC and the BB OS package. It may be that specific package is no good...hence the reason I gave you the official download portal to use.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jc18able

[ Edited ]

Ok I unistalled and reinstalled everything

And I downloaded the BB OS from the page you gave me,

I removed the vendor File from the AppLoader folder, BUT there isnt any vendor file at the LOADER XML folder

then I open the desktop software and then this came up

http://i4.minus.com/iblzSOqQcihfws.JPG

As you can see, it detected the update BUT then when I hit Install, this come up

http://i6.minus.com/iXhz7sYkWqxXD.JPG

Its say that an error has occur and that only BB users with an active subscription can get the update.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

Ahhhh! Believe it or not, that is progress! You must not have a proper BB data plan (from your mobile service provider) on your device, and some updates are indeed restricted to only those users with active proper data plan subscriptions. But, there is yet another trick you can use!

1. Shut down the Desktop Software
  2. Disconnect your PC from the Internet
  3. Just to be sure, check again the two locations for VENDOR.XML (I've seen, while rare, the 2nd one not be there initially, but once the Desktop Software is run just once with that BB OS package installed, that 2nd one gets put in place)
  4. Re-do step 5 from above

After the update is completed, shut down the Desktop Software, disconnect your BB from your PC, and then reconnect your PC to the Internet.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.