Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Ghanagirl31
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900

Cant login to facebook

I have my curve 8900 since April and I downloaded the facebook app since then! It was working perfectly fine at the beginning but its been tripping for a couple of months now! First it was sayin that I had to contact the service provider and whatnot which I didn't do! But 2 days ago I wiped my phone coz of another issue day I had wiv the phone and I thought day if I downloaded the facebook app again it wud work like before but now it says "we cannot reach the facebook server at this time.please try again later. (100)!! I get the same problem wiv appWorld. It says that blackberry appworld is having trouble connecting to the blackberry appworld server. Verify your connections and try again!! I don't understand why I'm having problems with those two apps when my internet is working just fine! please help me coz I feel like throwing this phone by my window!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Cant login to facebook

Try this -

When you device is POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery. This make a reboot to your device which minor issues with the BlackBerry device.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ghanagirl31
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900

It's still not working.
Please use plain text.
ivanfergzz
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Hi, I'm having the same problem.. did you fixed?

Please use plain text.
Developer
KermEd
My Device: NA
My Carrier: NA

The problem is a mixed one.

First, FB has poor development and they don't want to spend a lot of money developing applications for the BlackBerry.  The reason for this, is because BlackBerry uses a hacked up version of JME (aka: BlackBerry SDK) which they change every single OS release.  The end result is no application runs the same on any phone, and the system has little-to-no compatibility from one phone to another.

Your Facebook is broken because RIM changed something in the OS without notifying developers, or the developers couldnt' afford to update their software package for the 20th time to accomodate an unstable java based OS.

I'd say ask RIM for support - but they want your credit card number just to tell you they dont know what an 8900 is :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.