Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: BITE LV

Cellular Data Not Working In Apps

Hello There, my GF recently bought a new BB Curve 9300 , everything works well , except the mobile internet in applications. E.G. , she can only send me messages in whatsapp trough her wifi , not  cellular data from her mobile carrier, but the internet works fine trough browser when its not connected to wifi, only thing is it is not working trough applications. What seems to be the problem here, what should she do? Thanks.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: Cellular Data Not Working In Apps

Does she have an active Blackberry Data Plan rather than a standard carrier data plan?

New Contributor

?? Does she need some special data plan for using internet in blackberry apps? Kinda weird...
Forums Veteran I

She will need a Blackberry Data Plan in order to use the majority of data features on the phone such as push email, BBM etc. WhatsApp also states on setup that it requires a full BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) dataplan on setup. 

Blackberries route their data traffic via RIM's own servers to help the compresion and to push emails through. 

New Contributor

So there is no way that she can make her current data plan working on applications?
Forums Veteran I

No, she will need to give her carrier a plan to see what options they offer for Blackberry data. Some include this alongside normal data - you just need to inform them that you have a Blackberry. 

My Device: Blackberry Curve 9380
My Carrier: Cell-C

Hi got the same problem, only the phone worked fine then all of a sudden no applications want to access the network, nothing changed that i'm aware of any thoughts? bbm and browser works fine but apps are a lost case

Forums Veteran I

Are you getting an error message when using them? Whats apps in specific? 

ok .. so far blackberry protect just freezes.. google maps give some error saying that it cannot connect,, blackberry maps just gives "fatal connection error.." all bis games just say connection timed out 6000sec., basically i'm a screwd;;;;;; since i factory reset my phone thinking it was the phone now all my contacts etc are on blackberry protect but cant restore due to error

just to add .. apart from resetting the phone,, my service provider have reset my BIS and reset my connection,, and changed my connection