Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

MicheyB
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
Accepted Solution

Change Phone Number

I have a Blackberry Curve 9360 and am getting nuisance calls. How do I go about getting the number changed?

Many thanks.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Change Phone Number

1. Your mobile provider changes your number, it's not a function within the BlackBerry itself, other than to insert a new SIM card with the new number. You start that process with your mobile provider.

2. You have your mobile phone number listed as your "My Mobile Provider" or carrier. Putting your phone number out on the internet on these public forums for the world to see, is not wise. To change that, at the top of this page click on My Settings > Personal Profile > Personal Information, and in the entry block for "Carrier" type the name of your mobile provider.

Posting your number like this on a public forum could be one source of the nuisance calls.

good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
ben1107
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Re: Change Phone Number

you could also try third party softwares to block numbers not in your address book. you ca try http://kms.kaspersky.com or free ones like http://www.smrtguard.com
Twitter: @IAmBenGiey | Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
The Ultimate Currency Converter and T2G - BloGFeed