Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

ptkre
My Device: 8520

Change the e-mail registered to the 8520 handset

Hi,

Just joined the 21st Century by picking up my daughter's old Curve 8520. I created a new BB ID, but when I try to sign in to download from BB World, I get an error message saying " Enter the user name associated with this smartphone." When I got the phone to clear all her 'junk' from it, I did a security wipe and re-set everything up. E-mails, Facebook etc are all OK, but I can't download any apps from BB World. BBM would be good with wife & duaghter both on there to save my text usage!

Any help greatfully recieved

Phil

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Change the e-mail registered to the 8520 handset

Hello ptkre

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

The error message you got indicates that there are few previous data which are still associated with that device , when performing a security wipe have you deletede all data and user setting ? 

I would suggest , do a backup of your device using desktop software , then perform another security wipe , after a wipe don't restore everything from your backup, do a selective restore , restore only your contacts , calender , memo etc .

KB28225 : BlackBerry smartphone must be security wiped before transferring ownership

There are still another method which is good enough and will remove everything related to any previous user, If you want to try then follow this Knowledge Base , but backup first :

KB31291 :  How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.