Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

GFH
New Contributor
GFH
My Device: Curve 8320, Rogers

Changing background

Is there any way to change the background of the 8320 when getting an incoming call?

Whenever I recieve an incoming phone call the back ground changes to that of a greyish green shadowed phone. Is their anyway to change this to just plain grey or?

I can not read the text on the screen (caller ID etc) because it blends in with the image of the background and I would really like to get rid of the background image so I can read it.

Thank you.

GFH

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Changing background

hello,

on the theme I am using (Dimension Zen), the background is the fading grey but it is very light so I don't have problems reading the identity of the caller. You can try changing your theme. It none suits you, you can download hundreds of themes on the internet, for free.

there is also an application you can buy, that displays a picture full screen for each contact.
http://store.berryreview.com/product.asp?id=20265&n=Full-Screen-Caller-PictureID
there is a 33% discount until end of February 2009.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
GFH
New Contributor
GFH
My Device: Curve 8320, Rogers

Hi Xandrex

Thanks for the reply I tried all 4 of the themes on my phone they still had the same background (grey with siloeutte of a phone).

I did a search for themes and came up with Blackberrythemes.net. Question is how do I get them on my phone?

Their instructions make no sense to me. Appreciate any hints

I get he idea but how do I get them onto my media card? Second there is no EXPLORE option when I go to MEDIA and them left click so I don't get it.

Can you suggest a site which explains things a bit better?

thanks

Here's what they said to make it easy.

This small guide explains you how to install OTA files which were downloaded to your computer

First of all you need to make sure you extract all files to a folder in case the files would be in ZIP format.
Then you can just copy the whole folder to the device memory or to a media card.
Now you can use the blackberry to activate the OTA files on your device.

Open the Media application on the blackberry
Press the left button next to the trackball
Click explore
Track down to Device Memory
Press the left button next to the trackball
Click Open
Track down to your /Games Folder
Press the right button next to the trackball
Click Open
Select the JAD file
Select "Download"
The Application will load on to your Blackberry and is now available in your application menu.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello,

OTA files are meant to be installed using directly your device browser and clicking on the theme. Instead of downloading the theme install file, it will simply trigger it and begin the installation. OTA stands for "Over The Air" as opposed to requiring a PC.

Downloading the OTA files and then doing your procedure : I have read it and there is no nonsense to it. It's longer but it works. At which step exactly do you have difficulties?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.