Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Charge for internet use although using own wi-fi

Hi,

Although I am at home with broadband connection and have my phone set to receive emails I have been charged 99c for usage any day I have switched it to receive emails over the last couple of weeks.  I have asked Vodafone to explain why this is happening when it should be free and they said it is Blackberry who are doing this????

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Charge for internet use although using own wi-fi

Do you have BlackBerry data plan and using internet over Wi-Fi?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Charge for internet use although using own wi-fi

Thanks,

Don't know about "Blackberry date plan" but have been using it over the last 9 months for free when I was at home using my home broadband connection.  If leaving house I would switch off the connection.  It's only in the last couple of weeks I noticed it being taken daily although I was at home with the connection on!!

The only thing I did before this started happening was that I added two other blackberry users to my network as I was told there was free texting with other blackberry users - I have since disconnected these users and the charge is still being taken any day I switch on to receive emails!!!       Any ideas?