Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Checking email from site that use Outlook Web Access Lite

I just got a Blackberry 8330 and need to use it for checking email from my company's email server.

It turns out that this server uses Outlook Web Access lite. I am currently not able to check the mail as I am

getting errors that say the browser needs to accept cookies. Also something about scripting.

Does anybody know how to work around this problem?

I don't want to "integrate" this email account so that I get the messages pushed to the Blackberry- only to be able to

access the email site and check the email.

Solutions Please!

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Checking email from site that use Outlook Web Access Lite

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

It might not actually be a cookie problem...since I don't access OWA in the way you want (I do integrate it via BIS...very slick!), I can only guess.

From within the Browser, click the BBKey and select Options. Inside of there are a ton of different options, including one that lets your BB browser identify to a website as IE, FF, or BB...the default being, of course, BB. If you change that to IE, you might have more luck. That setting is in the Browser Configuration screen and is usually called Browser Identification.

There are also many other settings that may be helpful...basically you need to fiddle around with these until you find the combination that works right for your specific situation. But I'd try the Browser ID/Emulation first.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thank you and thank you again!  You have made my life so much easier!  I was able to log in --at least it's crazy to navigate inside but at least I'm in. I wonder if the screen would be easier to read if I did integrate using "BIS".  Truthfully, I hadn't tried to do that because I had read elsewhere that was not a possibility....

Do you know if there are directions for doing this posted here or elsewhere?

Hall of Famer II

Indeed I do! Here are the instructions for integrating OWA into BIS.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03133&sliceId=2&docTy...

Cheers!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Re: Checking email from site that use Outlook Web Access Lite---Part 2

Thank you again- I am going to follow the link and give that a try.

It looks like- I thought the issue was resolved yesterday and it really wasn't. What happened in the end was that I am able to open the site and look at email, but I am unable to open the email to read it.... so the suggestion was great but I'm not exactly on track with everything yet.  Oops... I was so excited!

Hall of Famer II

Re: Checking email from site that use Outlook Web Access Lite---Part 2

Ahhh...well, there are a lot of settings within the BB browser, so the combination of possibilities is quite large, so you will need to fiddle with them to find the working combination.

But, if you can itegrate to BIS, then needing to fiddle with the browser settings will be nullified...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you so much.  I have been trying to view pictures for about 1 month and called Sprint Tech Support who provided, as always, no help at all.  Good looking out.

Darlene

New Contributor

Hi- I've spent countless hours on the phone with both Sprint and RIM, so I'm hoping maybe someone has a trick. My work email is through allstate.com, which uses OWA. Originally they told me that Allstate does not support Blackberry so I would unable to use it. However, recently I was able to set up my account and receive emails, but am unable to send. It gives me the red x and says invalid email address. I was thinking that maybe it was because the email is mydomain@allstate.com, yet to sign in to my account I go to mymail.allstate.com and type in a different username. If anyone has any clue, I would really appreciate it. I am debating whether I should switch to a different smartphone although I really would like this to work. Thanks!
Hall of Famer II

cturim,

I have a recollection of another allstate person having troubles some time back. I can't recall how it was fixed, but I suggest you doing a search on these forums for allstate...you should find that person and their solution.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8320 / 9530

the key things to finding out is whether your company uses exchange 2003 or 2007 and whether they use ISA