Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
olathegis
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Clock or Alarm Clock?

I recently gave up my 8350i for an 8330m, and I'll be darned if there aren't a couple of features I miss from the 8350i!!  The one I miss the most is the clock.  On the 8350i, I have a full-fledged clock - complete with alarm clock, stopwatch, timer, bedside mode, etc.  On the 8330m, all I have is the **blah** alarm clock.

Is there a way to copy the functionality?  Backup the app from the 8350i and install it on the 8330?  Any ideas?

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Clock or Alarm Clock?

No, the newer clock is a feature of OS 4.6, your 8330 is running OS 4.5

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Veteran I
drizzt09
My Device: 8320 / 9530

no not unless you buy a third party clock app. Maybe in future OS
New Contributor
olathegis

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh!! Didn't think I'd be taking a step backwards when moving from iden to cdma. . . . . .[sigh]  Thanks.
Forums Veteran I
drizzt09
My Device: 8320 / 9530

you went from a newer model phone to an older model phone(not by much) so you stepped back on device software. iden and cdma has nothing to do with it, thats just the signal type that your carrier uses.
New Contributor
olathegis

Yeah - I guess I was referring to what appears to be slower development on the Nextel side vs. all the new whiz-bang stuff Sprint seems to always be spewing out :smileyhappy:  But this way I can pool minutes with the rest of the fam, plus can use it as a tethered modem and kill the pcmcia card - better financially all the way around, plus fewer gadgets :smileyhappy:

Thanks again for your response, I appreciate it.

New Contributor
Havoc321
My Device: 8330m

I have the 8330m from Sprint, not Nextel, and it is no different than yours.  I totally agree the standard alarm app BITES!  I'm looking at purchasing an a multi alarm app.  Just because of my frustration with RIM for not being user friendly with this, I may get it from Crackberry.com instead.  To keep the $$ away from BB.

Would love to see customer support push out a better alarm!