Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Crabwolf
My Device: curve 9310
My Carrier: boost
Accepted Solution

Clock

Does anybody know how to stop the "clock" from fading out when the phone is not being used.? In other words, I want to be able to easily put it on bedside mode, look at my phone, and know what time it is.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Clock

On my BB, clock options I have Dim screen checked.

Here is some more information, but this applies to your phone as well.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/32608/Change_options_for_bedside_clock_m...

I don't know what you've tried already but hopefully this will help.

No im sorry, but that just relates to the level of lighting before it blacks out completely. The clock still disappears after the same amount of time i have the phone set to dim when not being used.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

Agreed.  I have 2 blackberries and one does the same as you describe and the other stays dim.  The options are the same.  Not sure what the difference is.  I will check around.  This is while on the charger correct?

thankyou. No, its whether charger is on , or not. There is a setting for how long the screen sdisplays without use, the default is 30 seconds. But I would like the clock to just stay on,  when im in clock mode, or also bedside clock mode

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

I don't think you can keep the screen on like that while not on the charger.  The backlight timeout has a maximun setting of 2 minutes.  if there is a way, I'm unaware of it.

I'm able to keep the screen active while on a charger.  I connected my device to the wall charger and the clock pops up on the device.  I then hit the menu button and choose bedside mode.  The clock dims a little but the screen doesn't shut off.  Is this how you're doing it?  I have a 9350 and the backlit keyboard and menu keys go black after a few moments but my screen remains dim.