Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Samriti
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: Airtel

Complaint about the phone

[ Edited ]

Dear sir/ Madam

I im using the blackberry phone 8520 curve for more than 20 days.

but i faced a problem that the trackpad is not working properly and the keys of thekeypad are loose for which i had logged in a complaint at the center in lajpat nagar new delhi and after checking they gave me a DOA certificate in whcih case i get a new phone in exchange> On goin to the shop from where i bought the phone i faced a problem that  all the phones of the same make had this problem .It seems to be amufacturinf defect in this lot ot phones but the shopkeeper fails to agree to this inspite of beeing witness to the issue. He thinks that customers are fools. Buying such expensive phones is no joke. But once the phone is sold then no one bothers to what customers have to say and no one bothers to hear to their complaints. This attitude is not right. Didnt expect this from blackberry. 

My humble request is to kindly consider this issue and get my problem solved as early as possible as i am facing lot of inconvenience for the same.

Also if  you cannot solve this problem then i would want an upgrade in my handset model and i will not bear any differences because the problem is from the comapny's end and not teh customer....

Thanking you

Samriti garg

<removed>

EDIT: Personal Information such as phone # is prohibited for your security. Please review User Guidelines  under section "Be careful."

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shashank1986
My Device: Z 10

Re: Complaint about the phone

U shld never share ur mobile number in a forum...
when we pray God responds us by providing “Opportunities”
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Grenouille
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

When you say "all the phones of the same make had this problem" are you referring to both the trakpad AND the keypad issues?  I only ask because all the BB 8520's I have seen have an issue where the all the keys will move left/right en-masse if you put your finger on just one key & wiggle it left/right.  I think it's just the way the 8520's are made.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Samriti

Hi....yes i am referring to both trackpad and the keypad...Infact when i was changing the phone to a new one >>the new one also had the same issue and not just one piece but 3-4 of them. So the shopkeeper asked me to wait till the new stock comes....Today he will call up and let me know the status
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shashank1986
My Device: Z 10

All phones are same,... I guess they are manufactured in this manner
when we pray God responds us by providing “Opportunities”
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Samriti

Hi....its very easy to say that phones are manufactured in this manner but they are defective.i agree that the keypad is made in that manner but what about teh trackpad ....it makes so much of noisr also it gets stuck sometimes...i have seen other people use the same model but there trackpads are perfectly fine .

Give a solution and do not increase my problem

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Samriti

it also means that the company has no solution to the problem .its my fault that i bought this phone .....
wasted my money...didnt expect this from a company so big like blackberry
Please use plain text.
bigtruth
My Device: 23
My Carrier: 23

sorry to hear you have problems with your cell phone, but I  suggest you may have your local store's contact number,mybe youcan try this way to get instant solution ! nowadays famous brand cell phone maybe is not so good but sells at high price. :Angel:  it's so disappointing ! how can we trust brand-power! maybe we can only trust our eyes! for example there are too many android cell phones in the cell phone market , so that we can't make right jugdement!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Partha
My Device: Curve

Disappointing Service at Redington India

Hi All,

The disappointing and disgusting services of Blackberry continues. After giving my phone back on 23rd Jul for the second time(within 5 days) since at the first instance the initial problem of Enter Key & Handset Jack problem was not fixed(Phone given on 5th). After constant follow up now the Gurgaon service Center people have said that there is a liquid damage which has been found in your phone and can not be fixed, since it is out of warranty(As liquid damage is not covered under warranty). This is utterly frustrating that the phone which I bought few months back and developed a small problem and given in the service center could not be fixed and service center people are giving new excuse everyday.

Notably when i got my phone back on 15th, I mentioned the of physical damage on the delivery challan. When i raised the issue with the managers they tried to ignore it initially and now when I am refusing to take the phone back with out fixing the problem, they have offered me to replace the Keypad and Panel. However the lame excuse of liquid damage can not be fixed, rather than any attempt to fix it, I have been told by the India Service Delivery Head of Redington India to get a replacement set by paying Rs. 8800/- . I wanted to raise it to the further higher management of Redington India, however India Service Delivery Head of Redington India told me we can not do anything further. I have asked my phone to be given back just by replacing the keypad & panel, for that as well it will take them at least a week.

This is not tolerable, people spend their hard earned money in buying these handsets and when it comes service this is what is offered. Urge to take this matter with grave seriousness and spread message of discontent.
Regards,
Partha
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
01vinod
My Device: Curve 8520

Hi Sir,

I have bought BB Curve 8520, Last year Dec 2011.

The phone key pad is stopped working one day, I gave it to service center, they repaired the set and gave it back to me after 1.5 Months.

I have used the phone for 1 Month and same problem occurred (key pad stop working), this time I gave to customer care, after 1 months time, they I have got the mail, that its a liquid damage, phone is unrepairable.

I can guarantee 100%, there was not case of liquid in the phone.

Please let me know what to be done.

They dont have any concerned person number, no e-mail ID, there after sales service sucks big time.

Regards,
Vinod Singh

Please use plain text.