Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
kaleoandjana
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Composing Emails

When I try to Compose emails from the message menu it tells me that i have no message services configured. How do I set this feature up so that I can send emails using this feature?

Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Composing Emails

Are you setup to receive emails through BES (corporate email) or BIS (personal email)?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
LISH205

You have a couple of options. 1) open you messages and press the menu button, from there you can scroll down to compose e-mail, or 2) type in the first few digits of your contact and press the menu button.  This will give you options to call, text, or e-mail your contact.
Super Contributor
juwaack68
My Device: 9850 Torch

LISH205 wrote:
You have a couple of options. 1) open you messages and press the menu button, from there you can scroll down to compose e-mail, or 2) type in the first few digits of your contact and press the menu button.  This will give you options to call, text, or e-mail your contact.

The OP already has that part figured out.  Next step is what jmrmb80 asked - BES or BIS.

If you find a post here helpful, please consider giving the poster some Kudos
New Contributor
kaleoandjana

its for my personal emails. I cant compose and send any from the message menu
New Contributor
kaleoandjana

when i open my messages, press the menu button, compose emails a message appears and says " NO MESSAGES CONFIGURED. YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO SAVE DRAFTS."
Elite I
jmrmb80

[ Edited ]
Try going from the main screen into Options | Advanced Options | Host Routing Table. Find the bold entry. Hit the menu button and select  Register Now
Message Edited by jmrmb80 on 09-17-2008 09:54 PM
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Contributor
kaleoandjana

Ok it said registration sent
New Contributor
kaleoandjana

what happens after that? sorry im not real good with electronics
Elite I
jmrmb80

[ Edited ]

Are you able to send emails now?

If not try logging onto your carrier's BIS site. There should be an option to resend Service Books to the device

Message Edited by jmrmb80 on 09-17-2008 10:05 PM