Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Only1eb
My Device: Not Specified

Computer AND Device manger won't recognize Blackberry Curve 8330. .PLEASE Help

I have tried so many different things. . I am at the end of my rope.  My computer AND the Device Manager won't recognize my Blackberry Curve 8330 anymore.  It use to but then Sprint had me to do a hard reset and it hasn't done it since.  I am running Vista.  I have downloaded all different versions of the Desktop Manager, Blackberry Drivers etc.  I know that the USB works because it recognizes other devices.  Plus when I plug the blackberry in, the little plug shows up for about five seconds and disappears.  Plus when I unplug it and the blackberry screen is dark, it lights up so something is being recognized somewhere.  This is frustrating because I don't have my contacts backed up and I am trying not to do a hard reset to lose them again.  I have tried this on two different computers running Vista and the other XP.  I get the same result with both.  I don't know what happened to make both stop recognizing my blackberry.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 
Please use plain text.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Computer AND Device manger won't recognize Blackberry Curve 8330. .PLEASE Help

Try to change USB-cable, perhaps USB-cable is broken or damaged.

Also walk through this forum via searching the same issues.

For example:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/search?submitted=true&q=not+recognized

check these threads. There are solved issues like yours.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Computer AND Device manger won't recognize Blackberry Curve 8330. .PLEASE Help

please read this article from the public knowledge base :

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15486
Top 10 BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry Desktop Manager troubleshooting tips

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.