Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
k3rn3l
My Device: Curve 9330

Connecting 9330 and DM-- problems on Win7 64

Hi all,

I've been looking for answers with little luck. Just moved to a BB Curve 9330 OS 6 and had no problems getting service started and phone/wifi seems to work as expected. I could not, however, get the device to connect to my computer and talk to the desktop manager, newest version, even though it could see my old bb 8330. I try to manually update the drivers, pointing to the driver file in the x86/common files/research in motion/usb drivers/rimusbnt.inf and it tries to install but comes up with a device can't start (error 10) code.

Funny thing is that I can reboot with the phone tethered and it gets recognized on boot, but as the process progresses the OS drops it. I can also start a virtual session using a 32-bit linux instance and map the phone just fine using vmware drivers.

It seems that it must be a problem with the win7 64-bit drivers as I ended up going to my local phone store to get them to connect to the phone using an XP system.  I am using a Lenovo win7 home premium 64-bit.

Thanks for the help!

Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Connecting 9330 and DM-- problems on Win7 64

Hey k3rn3I,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

This issue may be related to the following article:

BlackBerry® Desktop Manager may display "Device connected none" on some Microsoft Windows® 7 64-bit computers

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB20598

Also see the following article on How to check if a Windows system is detecting a USB connected BlackBerry® smartphone http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB28440

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
k3rn3l
My Device: Curve 9330

Re: Connecting 9330 and DM-- problems on Win7 64

Thanks for the feedback. I have upgraded the BIOS recently, and Win7-64 is detecting the device and tries to install the device but reports that no drivers are found. When I try to install drivers manually that also fails.