Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Coffee_Lover1997
My Device: Curve 8520

Connecting to a WPA2 -Personal network.

Hi, this is my first time posting, I apologize in advance if I sound like a complete **bleep**. I have a blackberry 8520. My wireless router is Dlink and the security level is WPA. I am unsure how to connect my Blackberry to my personal wireless network. I do not have a lot of data available on my phone because I don't want my mom to have to pay more each month(BTW I'm 14 and even though I've had a Blackberry for three yeas I'm not a genius). When I Scan for Networks, my network pops up. When I click it, a message pops up saying," This wireless router supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup. To connect using a PIN(which you Blackberry will generate). click next." When I click next it says," Provisioning Wi-Fi Profiles... Enter this PIN into your wireless router:........" and it gives me a time limit. I'm am unsure how to enter this into my router. In addition, is there a way to just manually add the network? If so, for either way, can someone please give me a step by step on what to do.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Coffee_Lover1997
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: Connecting to a WPA2 -Personal network.

Ok. I figured it out and I am connected to my network but, when I go to browser it says,"Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later." What do I do?

Please use plain text.
ashnbaz
My Device: blackberry curve

Re: Connecting to a WPA2 -Personal network.

hi, i got told yesterday that because i am on pay as i go i can only get internet access if i pay the extra £5.00 a month for the bbm, if i was on contract it wouldn't be a problem.

Please use plain text.