Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Bberrynovice
My Device: Not Specified

Connectivity Issues 8310

After I first got the phone, I would have what I thought were dropped calls. Being new to AT&T,

I assumed that I was in an area that didn’t have a good signal. The screen would go black then completely white with an ‘hourglass’ spinning around on the screen. After a few minutes the AT&T logo would appear and a message about checking system security would flash on the screen. The screen would then show all of the icons, etc. I have since learned that I normally have service in the areas that the blackout/whiteout occurred. In the interim, the top left corner of the Blackberry developed hairline cracks. When I took the Blackberry to one of the local AT&T stores they said the blackout/whiteout was caused because the phone had physical damage (the cracks). I told them that the problem was occurring prior to the cracks but they didn’t believe me. Now both top corners have cracks. The phone has not been dropped and 99% of the time is in the hardcover holster. Has anyone had this problem?

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Connectivity Issues 8310

I'm sorry to say luck is not in your favor!! In some other posts people reported that few BlackBerry devices are also facing similar fate like you. Among them 8700g, 8130 and your one too. But we're yet to figure out the exact reason. I've two 8700g in my possession and planning to send this issue to RIM. Till then look in the post(s) for updates.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit