Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone India
Accepted Solution

Constantly updating something since last 2 days & battery draining out quickly

I have been using BB Curve 8520 over 2 years now and in the last few days my phone has just become useless. It takes me a long time to do anything, the timer is always on screen, it heats up and the battery lasts just an hour or so. It began overheating yesterday and it's constantly "working" even when doing nothing. it takes like 2 minutes to get the screen for my password and then another minute for typing to come thre. I have tried battery pulls deleting apps i don't use often etc. and NOTHING seems to fix it.... I am really getting frustrated to use this phone. More over the batter is drained out very quickly and has to be continuously kept on charge. It seems like there is some update, which is on since last 2 days, but I could find nothing which is open from my apps or anything. 

Expecting some quick help in fixing this. Thanks...

Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Constantly updating something since last 2 days & battery draining out quickly

The short battery life is likely directly related to to heavy data usage.

Make sure Bluetooth is turned off on the 8520, and are you using a WiFi connection, if not turn that off also.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Constantly updating something since last 2 days & battery draining out quickly

Yeah tried turning wi-fi off, but didn't work. There is a globe icon with number 1 besides it, on the top, which was not not there when it was functioning normally. Does it indicate anything and if yes then how to turn it off. 

Need help, as I am not able to use my Blackberry even as a phone since last 4 days, and it is to be put on charge continuously. Also the devise is getting heated up. 

The icon with the number 1 beside, is a browser notification.

Scroll through your messages list and you'll find it and delete it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thanks a lot. 

I got it deleted. Now need to see, if this makes any difference. 

Good luck.

Always make sure all applications not in use are closed.

Press your menu key for about two seconds to see what apps are open and to close them, use your menu key > close or exit. You cannot fully close the Homescreen, phone, and BBM icons... make certain the browser is closed with Menu > close, although it will still appear in the app ribbon.

Knowledge Base Updates