Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
yogeshgabani
My Device: Curve 9220
Accepted Solution

Contact Display problem in my BB Curve 9220

Hello guys..

I recently bought a BB curve 9220. When someone call me at that time caller name not display (Caller Name already added in my contact) only caller number displayed.

In short sometimes Caller name display and sometimes not display.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Contact Display problem in my BB Curve 9220

There could be any one of four solutions... Try these:
1. Make sure you set your own country code at Phone dialer Screen > Options > Smart dialing.
Set your Country Code in this format: "+xx" where xx = your country code. Some countries have two or three digit Country Codes. Do not place the '+' in your contact's entry.
* In the US, set this Country Code as "+1", and place your local area code in the proper box (this normally the default setting in a new BB).

2. At the same location, change the National Number Length to the number of digits for your country (since some countries will have less than 10 as set as the default in the BB). Find out the total digits, minus the country code. Do not place the '+' in your contact's entry.
* For example, some countries have a total number to 8 (plus 3 for country code). You would enter "8".

3. You may have "Content Protection" set on your Address Book.
OS5 devices: Look at Options > Security > General Settings. Scroll down to Content Protection > Include Address Book = NO.
OS6 devices: Homescreen > Options > Security > Encryption > UNcheck the box next to Encrypt.

4. Go to Options on your device > Security Options > Encryption > Include contacts set to "No"

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
yogeshgabani
My Device: Curve 9220

Problem is Solved. 

Thank You So Much JSanders.

for solve my problem.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

You're very welcome. 

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wastedconan
My Device: blackberry curve 9220
My Carrier: singtel

Sir jsanders,

Kindly help me with my curve 9220. I bought it yesterday and everytime someone calling me(even its in my contacts already) it always says unknown number. Sir i have os7 already. What should i do? Thanks
Please use plain text.
JSanders

There could be any one of four solutions... Try these:
1. Make sure you set your own country code at Phone dialer Screen > Options > Smart dialing.
Set your Country Code in this format: "+xx" where xx = your country code. Some countries have two or three digit Country Codes. Do not place the '+' in your contact's entry.
* In the US, set this Country Code as "+1", and place your local area code in the proper box (this normally the default setting in a new BB).

2. At the same location, change the National Number Length to the number of digits for your country (since some countries will have less than 10 as set as the default in the BB). Find out the total digits, minus the country code. Do not place the '+' in your contact's entry.
* For example, some countries have a total number to 8 (plus 3 for country code). You would enter "8".

3. You may have "Content Protection" set on your Address Book.
OS5 devices: Look at Options > Security > General Settings. Scroll down to Content Protection > Include Address Book = NO.
OS6 devices: Homescreen > Options > Security > Encryption > UNcheck the box next to Encrypt.

4. Go to Options on your device > Security Options > Encryption > Include contacts set to "No"

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wastedconan

Sir jsanders thanks for the reply. Unfortunately i tried it all but stil the same. What should i do sir?
Please use plain text.
JSanders

What do you the settings at which I mentioned above?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wastedconan

Sir I do all of it. I even try it one by one but still, whenever the contacts that is already saved on my fone and sim called, always "unknown number" appears...
Please use plain text.