Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
MrMrMr
My Carrier: Talk Mobile

Contacts from BB to iPhone - - how?

Well I'm afraid the daughter is defecting to iPhone from her BB curve 9300.

She wants a bigger screen and touchscreen, and is sick of the trackpad thing.

I also bought her a Playbook which she likes buts she's never used the BB link thing.

So how do you get your contacts from her BB to iPhone? Any easy wY or have to type them in manually?

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Contacts from BB to iPhone - - how?

Hello,

A couple of ways that I can think of...

If a desktop PIM (e.g, Outlook) has been in use and synchronizing with the BB, then that is the best source of data for what you desire. See these for reference:

• KB12268Synchronization support for BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows
  • KB03315 How to setup organizer data synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Software

http://www.blackberryos.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=110

Otherwise, taking a backup to the computer would include the Contacts database.

• KB12487 How to back up BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

That file, however, is proprietary and not "human readable"...you need to seek out 3rd party PC apps to parse and format the file for human use. There are several free ones, though I do not recommend one over another...search on "BBB reader" or "IPD reader" (depending on the version of the desktop software you use to take the backup from the BB).

Note further that my advice stops at providing the data in human readable format on the computer...how to then format/import that into the iPhone is a MAC function, not a BB function.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.