Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
rudy6761
My Device: Not Specified

Contacts

I have synched recently and discovered many of my contacts have been duplicated and even triplicated in some instances.  What can I do to remove duplicates?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Contacts

Connect your device with Desktop Manager. Click on Backup & Restore -> select Advanced button -> You'll get two database one Computer Database and another is Device Database. From the device database click and select Address Book entry-All and then using the arrow (<<) button send them to Computer database. This will erase all the address book entries from your device and now sync them again.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rudy6761
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Contacts

I tried that, didn't work.  I selected "Backup and Restore" then "Advanced" then "Address Book" then arrow, and it transferred all entries to "Desktop File Database."  When I close out, it asks if I want to save backup, which I did.  Then I synchronized.  Did I mess up a step?
Please use plain text.