Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

millerjj
My Device: Not Specified

Continually losing data and Wi-Fi connections

I purchased the new Curve on Rogers 3 days ago.  Every night I've had it it has lost its connection to the data network, and also the Wi-Fi at my house.  the fully charged battery was drained overnight just searching for the data network.  The only way to solve the problem is to remove the sim and re-isnert it.  I had Rogers program a different sim for me last night, but that didn't fix the problem as it happened again tonight.  Their next idea was exchange it and see if a different device still does it.  I don't want to have to go through the fun of redistributing my PIN unless I have to.  They also said maybe it was the info I transferred in from Outlook causing the problem.  I have a tough time believing that.

Previously I had a Pearl and never had a problem with the network in the locations that this phone is losing it.

Any ideas???

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Continually losing data and Wi-Fi connections

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I agree that Outlook data should be as relevant to this problem as would lime jello. :smileywink:

I would do two things, to see if we can pinpoint the problem.

You tried a new SIM in the old phone and the same thing happened. Try the old/new SIM in a LOANER from Rogers.

Your original phone may not be seating the SIM correctly. If it's the problem, a new device should not have the

same problems. In either case, you should only need it for a night or two to verify, as your phone currently drains

in one night.

When you get home, run the Wi Fi diagnostics tool. Page 263, Manual.

I'd then turn off the data connections, battery pull with the device on, then see if the phone finds

the network, or searches. Run the diagnostics tool again, see if you can match any errors. You can save both

reports for Rogers troubleshooting.

I enclosed two WI Fi links just so you can check your network, and the 8900 manual

Let us know,

Thanks

Bifocals

Please remember to resolve your thread.

Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks 

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB13922&sliceId=SAL_Pub... http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB13299&sliceId=2&docTy... Manual:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/5054/userguide_0x84001503_gprs.pdf

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
athudi
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Continually losing data and Wi-Fi connections

I am also having same problem. Please let me know the solution. by the way i also have Talkspot(UMA) .
Please use plain text.