Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
MrsMarple
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: O2

Contract on old PAYG Number

Hello all.

My daughter recently set me up with a Blackberry on a monthly contract that allows free texts, minutes, internet etc. At the moment, I'm using my old PAYG SIM card as I've had that number for a long time and don't want to change it.

I can't access the internet or anything that is being paid for while I'm still using that SIM (I've effectively got a PAYG phone), but is there any way I can switch the contract I have to a different number?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Kwsn
My Device: Curve 9310
My Carrier: Boostmobile

Re: Contract on old PAYG Number

Did you call your new provider and ask if they can port your old number to your new phone? I did this with tmobile once but it took a day or so for the change. I had to use the new number until the old one was transferred.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MrsMarple
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: O2

Thanks. I'll give that a go and brace myself for the terrors of O2 Customer Service.

Is is still porting if it's from O2 to O2? I'm still on the same provider, just a different number.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Kwsn
My Device: Curve 9310
My Carrier: Boostmobile

Yes that was the same thing I did with tmobile. I asked them if they can transfer the old number to the new sim. Like I said it took a day or so but they did.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

I agree with KWSN's solution.  O2 can do anything you need in this respect, as long as you'll remain a customer of theirs.  Switching from a PAYG to a contract should be no problem for them.

Give them a ring and you'll be up and running in no time.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.